We believe in encouraging...
challenging, and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. Because when we are at our personal best, so are our members, our patients, our communities, and our organization.
In late 2007, Kaiser Permanente launched Healthy Workforce, a national initiative that takes a coordinated approach to health, wellness, and work/life balance—giving all employees an equal opportunity to make healthy choices.
Since then, the effort has gained momentum across the organization. So much so, that the National Business Group on Health consistently ranks Kaiser Permanente a Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles,
year after year.
We understand that to inspire total health outside the organization, we need to practice, encourage, and support it on the inside.
Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include
insidekp.kp.org/healthyworkforce – this website provides information about employee wellness programs, health at work, and healthy living resources, including discounts for Weight Watchers®, hundreds of recipes, exercise tips, fitness classes, stress reduction and smoking cessation advice, and more
- employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- smoke-free campuses
- healthy food choices in our cafeterias and vending machines
- a variety of healthy living classes, handouts, and videos/DVDs offered at many of our medical centers and offices
- kp.org – a valuable and vast resource of wellness tips and information, most of which is also available to the general public
- Recreation Connection – discount ticket offers and other recreational activities for employees and their families
At Kaiser Permanente, we understand that to be a total health advocate for our members, colleagues, communities, and planet, we must first advocate the health of the people who power our organization. We want you to do well, live well, and be well.
Stepping Up to Total Health