Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
Manager, Government Relations CommunicationsLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 765509 Date posted: 01/19/2019
- Lead project or ongoing teams for the purpose of implementing specific communications projects, events, or programs within a given timeframe; strengthening the client relationship; or ensuring high quality. May have direct reports and/or supervise outside vendors.
- Serve as backup to communications director or other leader.
- Develop integrated (internal and external) communication plans for the national functional area strategies, programs, and initiatives, including communications positioning, messaging, and tactics consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand.
- Provide communications consulting to senior-level clients (SVPs and VPs) on internal and external communications. Consulting activity will vary from verbal communications or advice on communications issues to providing customized communications plans and materials.
- Strategize with client, write communication plans and creative briefs, research and analyze information, write articles, prepare presentations (PowerPoint presentations, speeches and talking points), plan logistics, and manage overall coordination.
- Collaborate and integrate with peers in Brand Strategy, Communications, and Public Relations, including media relations and PR staff, internal communicators, and regional communications staff, to successfully fulfill the communications and brand objectives in the assigned national function.
- Ensure content is consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand in terms of look, tone, manner, and messaging.
- Manage and complete multiple assignments in short time frames and coordinate diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic program.
- Implement measures to determine effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results.
- Bring thorough understanding of Kaiser Permanente's integrated delivery model, organizational structure, mission, and complex communications organization to bear in support of key strategic initiatives and leadership clients.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in corporate communications environment, including two (2) years of supervisory and/or major project leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, public relations, business administration or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience within the last three (3) years planning and implementing complex internal communications plans and projects for a large, complex organization, with track record of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience on cross-functional, integrated (internal/external) efforts.
- Proven experience with organizational change, corporate reputation management, internal brand reinforcement, and stakeholder engagement.
- Professional-level writing and editing skills for Web and traditional media.
- Demonstrated excellence in directly supporting senior executives in large organizations and influencing their approach to communications while nurturing the relationship.
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively in a team setting.
- Able to respond to emerging issues and crises.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.