Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
Communications ManagerLocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 802907 Date posted: 06/27/2019
Manages the development and implementation of internal public relations/communications strategies, plans and programs in support of division-wide goals. Communications strategies span organizational entities, departments and disciplines to achieve organization objectives and develop positive relations with all stakeholders.
- Initiates, develops and implements a communication process linking organizational goals with communication objectives, strategies, messages and vehicles.
- Manages ongoing communication programs.
- Consults with leadership to develop strategies, key messages, and vehicles for communication to support specific programs.
- May convene and supervise cross-entity ad hoc teams.
- Participates in the development and execution of major organization initiatives by serving as communication strategist.
- Coordinates messages, vehicles and communication policies (e.g., crisis communication plan). Serves as spokesperson as necessary to internal and external audiences.
- Researches, writes and edits articles, publications, speeches and other communication documents.
- Serves as situation management and crisis communication leader as necessary.
- Serves as key member of communications department's management team, contributing to annual strategic plans and directing message development.
- Trains others in communication as a management tool, media relations, etc.
- Tracks key social, economic and industry issues that require communication planning; initiates appropriate plans.
- Manages communications and freelance staff.
- Minimum five (5) years of internal and external communication experience in a corporate, agency or health care setting.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience managing communication programs in large, multi-divisional organizations including previous experience as an internal/external spokesperson.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience using marketing and promotion strategies in combination with effective community relations and communications.
- Significant knowledge of media and communication vehicles including print, radio, television and electronic media.
- Excellent verbal communication (public speaking and media relations) writing and editing skills.
- Ability to link organizational objectives to communication planning.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- The Content & Channel Communications Manager position leads a team that works with all Integrated Brand Communications, medical center, SCPMG, Marketing Communications, and Program Offices- communicators and teams to produce memorable and persuasive narratives that help support strategic KP projects and/or initiatives.
- Developed content would be aimed at internal or external stakeholders and support internal/external public relations and/or communications plans and programs that help attain the Region-s or Program-s strategic objectives and goals.
- Additionally, position would be responsible for maintaining IBC-s internal digital channels (InsideKP Southern California, Outlook-based email boxes) and distribution groups (regionwide and private send-all lists), and serve as this team-s KP and AP Style Guide gatekeeper.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.