Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
Director, Public Affairs & Brand CommunicationsLocation: Riverside, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 854524 Date posted: 01/06/2020
- Leads all local Public Relations activities in support of Kaiser Permanente's mission, vision values, and local strategic plan, including:
- Communicating organizational messages to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Development and implementation of local market social and traditional media relations strategy consistent with regional and program office policies.
- Creating and executing local area employee and physician engagement campaigns (messaging, collateral materials, supporting events, etc.).
- Leads local area emergency response communications (acting public information officer) and provides local area support for situation and issues management.
- Collaborates on the development and execution of local integrated marketing and communication plan that supports the local strategic plan and promotes and protects Kaiser Permanente's brand and reputation.
- Collaborates on the development and execution of local marketing plans and campaigns in support of organizational goals.
- Supports and implements program office and regional integrated communications and marketing plans and programs.
- Leads local Government Relations activities in support of organizational goals, including development and fostering relationships with elected representatives and their staff.
- Leads development and execution of local Community Relations strategy in support of organizational goals, including participation in, and support of, worthy local civic, business and community nonprofit agencies.
- Leads the development and execution of a local Community Benefit program-aligned with the national and regional programs-which furthers the organization's mission to spread Total Health to the communities we serve.
- Oversee the local community health needs assessment and development of a local area plan that aligns with the organization's community benefit goals and objectives.
- Ensures that the Community Benefit plan properly guides the investments of local medical center resources including: grant support, in-kind contributions, and employee engagement. This includes the effectiveness of the programs and investments.
- Monitors the organization's investments of assets to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in communications environment, including two years of supervisory and/or major project leadership experience.
- Experience within last three (3) years in planning and implementing complex internal communications plans and projects for a large, complex organization, with track record of increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, public relations or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated excellence in directly supporting senior executives in large organizations and influencing their approach to communications.
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively in a team setting.
- Demonstrated experience on cross-functional, integrated (internal/external) efforts.
- Proven experience with organizational change, corporate reputation management, internal brand reinforcement, and stakeholder engagement.
- Able to respond to emerging issues and crises.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Public Relations, marketing and advertising experience preferred.
- Agency experience preferred.
- Experience working at a local medical center preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.