Communication & Public Affairs
Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
Sr. Government Relations Consultant-Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of MedicineLocation: Pasadena, CA Job Number: 912040 Date posted: 10/08/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
By joining the team that is designing and implementing Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine, you will have the opportunity of a lifetime to create a medical school that will educate physicians for the 21st century and beyond and be a catalyst for change in medical education. The School of Medicine team works from an interdependent model of practice and we are looking for someone who thrives in a highly challenging role within a high functioning team-based environment.
The Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine is devoted first and foremost to offering an outstanding, forward-thinking medical education. Its curriculum is built on the three pillars of Biomedical Science, Clinical Science, and Health Systems Science. Students will think broadly about the ways care can be more effective for everyone and learn how to advocate for better health in homes, school, workplaces, neighborhoods, and society at large. The school will incorporate many of the most innovative and effective educational practices available today and will give students the opportunity to learn from the physicians and care teams in Kaiser Permanente-s integrated health care system. This approach will provide future physicians with the knowledge and skills to play key roles in the transformation of healthcare in our nation and help people from all backgrounds and settings thrive. Learn more at medschool.kp.org
- Assess the organizational decisions and identify sensitive areas of public concern and impact. Identify the operational impact on other public and private agency policies.
- Partner with Program Office, local and state legislative offices and other divisions on to establish a federal and state key contact database and develop internal system for activating key contact and constituent networks.
- Develops and manages relationships with local government officials (both elected and non-elected), local boards and commissions
- Assists members of the legislature, executive branch, congressional, and local government with staff and constituent concerns relating to the Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine.
- Provides policy support for state government relations activities and provides advocacy support as necessary and directed.
- Develops and maintains strong internal relationships through active participation with internal Community Benefit, Regulatory Affairs, Community Relations, Strategic Planning, National Facilities Services, Marketing, Sales & Business Development, regional and Program Office, Permanente, and other internal stakeholders.
- Analyzes, interprets and develops solutions for complex policy issues which impact education, health, community, government and Kaiser Permanente. Communicates issues to key staff and stakeholders.
- Works with KP National and regional government relations and community relations departments to help assure a coordinated national government and community relations program across the area, regional and state.
- Builds partnerships with community groups; business groups; and local government officials/staffs, including state, city, county, district and special district offices.
- Develops collateral materials, and training programs and implements issue and project specific programs and materials including communication plans, strategies and collateral materials. Manages projects including developing work plan and producing deliverables and coordinates with other stakeholders.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!