Manager Public Affairs
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Manages the development and implementation of multi-disciplinary public affairs programs that enhance KP's image in the community, drawing as appropriate from the disciplines of community and government relations, communications,community benefit, and/or brand strategy in support of region-wide and area strategy and goals.
- Oversees public affairs activities. Manages the development and implementation of multi-disciplinary public affairs programs that enhance KP's image in the community, drawing as appropriate from the disciplines of community and government relations, communications, community benefit, and/or brand strategy in support of region-wide and area strategy and goals.
- Represents Kaiser Permanente in the communities to build support for Public Affairs and organizational objectives. Strategies span organizational entities, departments and disciplines, to achieve organization objectives and develop positive relations with stakeholders. Develops policies for community and facility programs that support Public Affairs and organizational objectives and enhance KP's reputation and brand in the service area.
- Collaborates with Communications to develop and implement strategies, initiatives, and tactics to promote KP organizational messages to key internal and external audiences. Participates on issues management teams. Tracks key social, economic and industry issues that require public affairs planning; initiates appropriate plans.
- Collaborates with Public Relations, Community Benefit, and Community and Government Relations teams to ensure consistent, effective, and integrated communications strategies and tactics. Understands and applies consumer research and market trend information, in conjunction with other appropriate internal stakeholders. Manages development and production of branded materials including online content, signage for internal and external audiences as well as print collateral.
- Manages staff and resources to achieve desired results.
- Manages public affairs projects, working with stakeholders Identifies opportunities for new partnerships and programs with internal and external groups
- Facilitates active participation among KP staff and physicians in events and activities in support of KP's reputation. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with community partners, including non-profit organizations, educational entities, business groups, government agencies, as well as KP facility leadership, to help achieve PA objectives.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in community and government relations, internal/external communications and/or brand strategy in a corporate, agency or health care setting.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, public administration, communications, political science or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.