Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This position is responsible for providing telephone advice and education utilizing guidelines approved by the medical staff and for communication of advice given via an automated system. The Telephone Advice Nurse is an experienced registered nurse who utilizes the nursing process to evaluate patient needs over the telephone, adhering to organizational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Advice Process: Receives, triages, and responds to telephone calls from members requiring medical and nursing advice by assessing the patients problem utilizing approved guidelines, directing access to care to include emergent care, urgent care, routine and same day appointments, follow-up and self home care based on outcomes of nursing assessment, and documenting all calls according to established standards. Communicates to physician, HCT or modules, member calls requiring physician involvement, intervention, or follow-up by the physician, HCT, or modules. Provides instruction and education on health maintenance and disease prevention utilizing appropriate guidelines. Responds to emergencies according to Call Center and organizational policies and procedures. Documents calls regarding lab results in accordance with established work flow. Instructs the patient or caller to call back if interventions discussed are not helpful or if additional signs and/or symptoms develop. Ensures caller understands and accepts advice/recommendations given.
- Other Responsibilities: Contributes to the development of guidelines, procedures, patient education, and training as assigned. Participates in peer review I quality improvement and committee functions as assigned. Understands, interprets and acts on a variety of statistical measurement of individual and call center performance; self-directs own work based on analysis of statistics of self-performance. Is proactive in identifying ways Kaiser Permanente can improve customer service; works in collaboration with other Kaiser Permanente departments. Recommends changes to the information systems to improve quality and speed of response to customers and ease-of-use for call center personnel. Demonstrates progressive proficiency with the utilization of available computer technology. Manages member interactions utilizing appropriate technologies and communications methods: Kp.org, CarePoint, Etc. Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanentes Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanentes policies and procedures. Your access to protected health information (PHI) will be limited to the minimum necessary required to effectively perform your job. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of current experience as a RN in a clinical setting.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree.
- Registered Professional Nurse License (Georgia) required at hire
- Basic keyboarding skills.
- Working knowledge of CRT and PC (may be preferred in some specialties)
- Complete a job specific Assessment.
- One (1) or more years of experience in emergency, critical care or ambulatory telephone triage nursing strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelors of nursing degree.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.