Sr Public Affairs Representative
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with community organizations, business groups, government agencies and KP facility leadership to help achieve PA objectives. Helps develop and implement PA programs in the Area providing direction and support on community relations, government relations, communications and community benefit programs. Represents KP in the communities, building support for PA objectives. Sets own daily priorities to meet established PA goals and objectives. Enhances KPs image in the community by developing and promoting area, region wide or program community relations programs that demonstrate the organizations commitment to its social mission. This is the third job in a three level Public Affairs generalist ladder. At this level, the representative works on projects of complex and diverse scope which require in-depth analysis. Projects assigned are broad in scope and may involve multiple functional areas or stakeholders. Representative works with minimal supervision and exercises judgment within broadly defined policies in developing and implementing strategies for results.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with community organizations, business groups, elected officials, community leaders and government agencies. Represents KP in the communities. Assists with identifying community boards for leaders to serve on community boards
- Analyzes, interprets and develops solutions for complex issues in support of departmental and organizational objectives.
- Collaborates with Communications to develop and implement communication strategies, initiatives, and tactics to promote organizational messages to key internal and external audiences.
- Manages projects including developing work plan and producing deliverables and coordinates with other stakeholders. Develops collateral materials, provides training on representing KP in the community at events
- Builds partnerships with community groups, businesses and consumer advocates. Identifies opportunities for new partnership and programs with internal and external groups. Facilitates active participation among KP staff and physicians in community events and volunteer opportunities in support of KPs community relations and community benefit activities
- Participates in policy development of community and facility programs that support departmental and organizational objectives. Coordinates and oversees events (e.g., VIP visits, health fairs, community events, Spare the Air Campaign); Implements KP philanthropic strategies Solicits, reviews and recommends grants and donations to qualified community programs
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in community relations, communications, public relations or health policy.
- Bachelors degree in government relations, community relations and/or health policy OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Thorough understanding of the communities KP serves in the Area and established relationships.
- Significant understanding of the health care environment and local government dynamics.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management, organization and consulting skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Previous experience in community relations, not-for-profit community health organization or public relations preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest