Empowering People to Improve Health
At Kaiser Permanente, our organization is all about people — as individuals and as a team. We may be 200,000+ employees and physicians strong, but we act as one when it comes to empowering our members, colleagues, and communities to achieve their goals.
Executive Director , HR Operations Client DeliveryLocation: Alameda, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 810601 Date posted: 06/28/2019
This position is accountable and responsible for the provision of transaction services for payroll, benefits and HR administration for 200,000 active employees as well as 350,000 retirees and their families across all of the regions where KP does business. Services include: Benefits Transactions, HR and Payroll Transactions, Leaves Administration, Corporate Records Management, HR Transaction Services Client Interaction Center. The Executive Director will be involved in setting the strategic direction of HR Operations Delivery as a national shared service structure. The leader has financial accountability and will be responsible for maintaining and ultimately exceeding customer, operational and employee satisfaction levels. This leader maintains appropriate governance and controls to ensure processes are performed efficiently and accurately, thereby mitigating organizational risk and ensuring core operations are within identified legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the operational performance of the contact center and transaction processing ensuring continuous improvement in quality, productivity and value to the customer.
- Develop and manage the annual operating plan/budget, action plans and projects to help support and achieve the HR strategy and the overall business strategy. This includes oversight of vendors and contracts which have a direct impact on the budget.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with other HR leadership and regional team members and with the entire customer base; serve as an interface between internal HR and external Business customers to ensure effective delivery of employee transaction lifecycle events.
- Provide leadership and overall direction to a staff of 350+ employees to include building future skills and capabilities.
- Establish client focused productivity and service quality standards including Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to determine the overall effectiveness of the Client Interaction and Transaction Management functions.
- Provide forward thinking initiatives to accomplish operational objectives which may include organization restructuring, process re-engineering, technological advances and adaptability to changing business and regulatory environments.
- Keep abreast of customer service techniques in the industry and make continual improvements to enhance the KP employee experience while reducing costs and improving operational efficiency. Recommend changes/shifts in strategic or tactical direction as appropriate.
- Partner with senior HR and business leaders to adopt standardized processes and procedures to enable efficient and effective National HR Service Center operations.
- Encourage a work environment of respect, inclusion and employee engagement to drive to a culture of high performance.
- Ensure efficient integration of HR technology with other enabling functions and technologies; establish HR data standards and processes to maintain the integrity of the HR databases and information.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of progressive experience in a leadership role in the management of a large contact center or transaction processing environment.
- Minimum six (6) years of progressive management experience with direct supervision of a combination of managerial, professional and exempt administration staff.
- Bachelor-s degree in business administration or related discipline.
License, Certification, Registration
- General Human Resources experience and working knowledge of HR functional areas.
- Demonstrated ability to implement change and provide leadership through transitional periods to the end state including comfort with ambiguity.
- Leadership and managerial experience in positions of increasing levels of responsibility, planning, organizing, problem solving and proven management of a large complex budget framework.
- Strong customer focus, excellent influence and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience managing within a Shared Service organizational preferred.
- Previous experience in data analytics and reporting preferred.
- Previous experience managing a large diverse staff in a highly complex work environment preferred.
- Experience in the health care field or the managed care environment preferred.
- MBA preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Human Resources Careers
Human Resources Careers
The work you do building engaged teams, promoting an environment of respect, and developing recruitment and retention strategies helps our employees realize their potential while strengthening the organization as a whole. Whether you specialize in recruiting, benefits and compensation, human resources information systems (HRIS), or training and development, you help identify, recruit, hire, and develop the talent that will define our future.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.