Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under indirect supervision, performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations and produces two-dimensional ultrasonic recordings of internal organs which are used by physicians to diagnose disease processes and delineate both normal and abnormal human anatomy as well as pathological conditions in the organs of the abdomen, superficial structures such as the human breast and musculoskeletal , pelvis, gravid uterus and other areas of the human body as well as obstetrics ( e.g., maternal uterus and Adnexa, fetal biophysical profile, amniocentesis ) and interventional procedures such as biopsies , aspirations and drainage procedures
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Is responsive to the needs of others by maintaining a professional behavior toward members and coworkers and creating a positive image for the department.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such difference.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age group served.
- Demonstrates competence and understands the overall operational function of the department to include scheduling of patient's appointments by telephone, mail, or in person utilizing OPAS.
- Prepares patients for examinations and explains procedures in order to ally apprehensions; consults with referring physician and radiologist regarding patients' medical history to determine the type of ultrasonic procedure required and to correlate patients' history with test to be performed Demonstrates competence in the operation of diagnostic ultrasound equipment, real-time and mobile, to obtain quality diagnostic images.
- Performs special application exams/tests such as assisting physicians in sterile procedures such as surgery, operating ultrasound equipment in surgery and during special applications such as localizations, aspirations and/or biopsies.
- Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ of interest, depth of field and other specifications of test; moves transducer by hand over area of interest and observes sound wave display screen in order to evaluate quality of ultrasonic pattern produced.
- Keys test data and patient information into ultrasound equipment computer to record test results and diagnostic data on magnetic tape, computer disk, strip printout or film; photographs images of organs shown on display module.
- Identifies and processes images and prepares images for interpretation; discusses test results with physician Utilizes ancillary devices such as selective transducers, monitors, images; scans areas/regions of interest using B-mode, M-mode and real time techniques optimizing display parameters and recorded images; notes significance of structures displayed and recognizes artifacts and equipment limitations.
- Operates various ultrasound emitters to scan pertinent anatomical areas and records the signal response in a photographic or other mode.
- Produces quality, diagnostic images taking into account transducer selection, technical factors, patient variables, image annotation, evaluation and selection of representative images, criteria for diagnostic quality, artifacts and improvement of sub-optimal images.
- Documents clinical activity in a timely, comprehensive and accurate manner.
- Observes all applicable regional, medical center, and department policies and procedures.
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to enhance quality of service.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional maturity in all interactions with patient and staff.
- Maintains equipment, supplies and work area in accordance with department guidelines.
- NT certification when performing Nuchal Translucency procedures in the OB-GYN department as stipulated in job code 30818. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to apply the principles, theories, practices and techniques of diagnostic medical sonography. Demonstrated ability to operate ultrasound equipment in order to produce quality images, recognize normal human anatomy and pathological conditions and utilize ultrasound equipment to differentiate disease processes and artifacts Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
- Depending on exact assignment, specialty registration in abdominal, cardiac, cardiovascular or vascular sonography may be required.
- Basic Life Support
- Nuchal Translucency Certification Certificate
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certificate from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certificate - Ob-Gyn from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Minimum two (2) years clinical experience as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in an acute care medical center
- This is a temporary position for approximately three (3) months.
- Required to work every other weekend
- Start time may vary within the shift
- Required to work at other OC facilities
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest