Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
EKG Tech II - On CallLocation: Anaheim, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 836120 Date posted: 01/11/2020
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Greets patients in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Prepares patient for and performs a variety of cardiac monitoring and testing procedures (Including but not limited to: EKG, event monitor, holter, stress tests).
- Explains and answers questions regarding equipment function and procedures.
- Utilizes correct lead placement for the various cardiac monitoring devices/procedures.
- Prepares EKG tracing and other cardiac test results for interpretation indicating the required information (Name, age, MRN, etc.).
- Performs department workflow for gathering test results, editing, distribution to physicians for interpretation, record keeping, provider messages, and other paperwork as assigned.
- Able to perform computer data entry and retrieval.
- As requested, responds to all acute emergency situations.
- Maintains equipment in operating order and notifies supervisor of needed repairs.
- Initiates work tickets as per department workflow.
- Performs routine cleaning/maintenance of cardiac equipment as per department workflow and infection control policy.
- Ability to operate complex specialty equipment.
- Maintains a safe and orderly work area.
- Answers telephone and relays messages.
- Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations with the public, patients and other personnel by demonstrating skills which are consistent with the organization's philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations and quality service.
- Assists providers with access to the various cardiac monitor reports.
- By location: perform holter scanning, participate in pacemaker clinics, regular and nuclear stress testing, assist with monitoring cardiac rehab patients.
- Train and/or orient personnel as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Pay Grade: 23
- Completion of a basic arrhythmia training course and one (1) year (in the last three (3) years) performing EKGs.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as an EKG Tech in non-invasive cardiology procedures within the last three (3) years.
License, Certification, Registration
- AHA BLS.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and report artifacts and basic dysrhythmias.
- Must have experience in assisting with diagnostic stress testing within Cardiology.
- This is a variable position, 8 hour shifts will vary between 6:30 am to 11:30 pm.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.