Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
GI Technician (LVN) IILocation: Anaheim, CA Additional Locations:
Alton/Sand Canyon Medical Offices II 6650 Alton Pk, 6650 Alton Pkwy., Irvine,California, 92618
Orange Co Anaheim Medical Center 3440 E. La Palma, 3440 E. La Palma, Anaheim,California, 92806
OC Irvine Medical Center 6640 Alton Pkwy., 6640 Alton Pkwy., Irvine,California, 92618 Job Number: 811712 Date posted: 08/06/2019
Under direct supervision, provides functional guidance to assigned staff; incubate patients; analyzes collected specimens; and assist physicians with endoscopic and sigmoidoscopic procedures.
- Obtain patient specimens. Perform venipuncture&skin punctures to obtain blood samples. Perform samples&specimens for lab analysis. Perform routine diagnostic test. Anesthetize patients w/ topical or aerosol medication. Assist physicians&medical staff w/ procedures, diagnostic examinations&treatments. Assist physician in obtaining tissue specimens&biopsies. Assist w/ protocological procedures (e.g., sigmoid exams). Select&pass instruments. Schedule, cancel or reschedule patient appointments. Initiate follow-up appointments w/ patients. Key DKAs into automated system. Schedule procedure rooms. Schedule patient appointments&procedures. Record&chart patient data. Interview patients&collect patient data. Consult w/ physicians concerning test results&alert physicians to positive test results or test abnormalities. Report negative/positive specimens. Transcribe test results onto lab slips. Call provider on positive test results. Explain test procedures&purpose. Analyze collected specimens for volume, acidity or other standard measures. Assist in obtaining tissue specimens. Assist physician in developing new techniques&procedures. Assist provider in patient examinations&procedures. Consult w/ provider concerning procedures&patient condition. Follow standard infection control procedures. Lift patients. Modify treatment techniques, which do not require change in physician orders. Instruct patient how to prepare for procedures. Explain diets. Monitor&evaluate test readings during procedures. Observe, monitor&evaluate patient condition during&after procedures. Prepare samples&specimens for lab analysis. Prepare&position patients for diagnostic test&medical procedures. Respond to emergencies (i.e., Code Blue)&stat requests. Shave&apply antiseptic solutions to patient skin areas. Take, record&monitor patient vital signs. Transport patients' to/from procedure area. Assist physician w/ fluoroscopic examinations.
- Perform ear wash procedures. Assist physician in locating tumors. Acts as member of other surgery team (for example, pass instruments, cut sutures,&hold retractors). Assist physician in gastroenterology/procedures (for example, endosopies). Assist physician w/ inserting&advancing scope during GI procedures. Monitor I.V. solutions. Other procedures may be schlerotherapy, Suctioning, Xray - fluoroscopic, Photographic, Dilatation - balloon, bougies, blood specimen processing, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, culture preparation, cytology, Gastrointestinal/Gall Bladder Examination, Microscopic, Minor Surgical, ovum¶site examination, pap smear, polypectomy. Accountable for cleaning&filling specimen jars w/ solutions. Prepare solutions&surgical tissue specimens. Centrifuge or filter&separate specimens. Develop film&make prints. Dilute specimens. Prepare control slides, clean procedures room&work area. Operate scope disinfector. Pick up; deliver other specimens to&from laboratory. Assemble&disassemble equipment&instruments. Ensure equipment is available for procedures&examinations. Adjust equipment in preparation for&during procedures. Check emergency equipment. Prepare procedures&exam rooms. Select&set out appropriate tubings&sterile supplies. Set up instruments&surgical trays. Maintain sterilized supplies, instruments&equipment for surgical procedures. Decontaminate equipment. Removed&inventory equipment&supplies after surgical procedures. Soak instrument. Arrange for repair of equipment. Equipment may include Computer, Washing&Cleaning supplies, closed circuit TV - GI video. Others are periteonoscope, heat probe, colonoscope, photographic&related equipment. Inspect equipment&instruments for damage. Maintain equipment in good working order. Perform minor adjustments and/or repairs on equipment. Replace expendable parts on equipment. Test equipment. Fill request for equipment&supplies. Maintain&order supplies. Dispose of used syringes&contaminated materials. Inventory equipment&supplies. Replenish supplies&equipment. Orient&train new or less experienced personnel. Prepare department work schedules. Provide functional direction to assigned staff. Attend conferences, meetings&in-service training programs. Serve as resource person to co-workers by answering procedural questions&assisting in problem solving. Answer telephones&take messages. Conduct in-service training. Assume other activities&responsibilities form time to time as directed.
Pay Grade: 26
- One (1) year experience in an acute care or ambulatory setting assisting in the performance of endoscopic procedures.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse with I.V certification
- Valid BLS card
- Bilingual: English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese
- Effective verbal & written communication skills
- Self-starter, organized, proactive, a team-player
- Message Handling skills
- Excellent service skills in a busy GI lab/GI clinic setting
- Recent experience in starting IVs
- Assist in GI lab/clinic admissions and discharges
- Will have weekend/night call rotation & Saturday schedules
- May float to Irvine GI lab/GI clinic
- May help with GI Clinic Manometry & Fibroscan procedures
- Scope reprocessing: ensuring endoscopes are clean & ready for use
- Assisting in GI lab procedures
- Starting IVs in admission and may help in GI clinic if IV therapy is needed.
- Scheduling patients into GI lab
- Confirming patients scheduled for GI-related appointments
- Ordering supplies & sending equipment out for repairs
- Coordinating the flow in GI lab admit/recovery
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.