Building on Experience
From designing what's next to building the future of care, the work we do is driven by the needs of our members and employees. When you join our team, you'll work on large-scale projects that support the health of millions.
Medical Architect PlannerLocation: Anaheim, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 774158 Date posted: 03/07/2019
Designs/plans inpatient and outpatient medical facilities templates, programs, and standards for expansion, replacement and retrofit projects. Reviews plans developed by Capital Project Teams and consultants to confirm conformance with standards and to identify best practices. Plans utilization, planning allocation rules, sizes, layout, design, and/or infrastructure of space and facilities for hospitals and medical facilities consistent with requirements of technology integration, efficiency, safety, and cost effectiveness. Evaluates, selects, and applies standard architectural/design/engineering/planning techniques, procedures, and standards. Researches, plans, designs, reviews functional/spatial/design/infrastructure requirements of new structures or renovation, and assists field teams and KP service areas in preparing information regarding function, design, specifications, materials, equipment, estimated costs and construction time for management approval. As needed, prepares scale drawings and may provide technical input to contract documents for building contractors.
- Under close supervision with general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments, contributes to architectural designs requiring knowledge and application of basic architectural principles and concepts.
- Performs routine design tasks including functional programs, space programs, room templates, space allocation rules, specifications and coordination with hospital/medical facilities users.
- Writes performance specifications for building materials, installation criteria, the quality of finishes, and other related details.
- Performs research on building codes and materials.
- Assists in the design of one part of a project, or on a small project.
- Adheres to accepted industry and company standards.
- Minimum three (3) years of planning, architectural, design, engineering or CADD experience.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, space planning, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Some knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Progressive use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Progressive application of concepts and principles.
- Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Technical, professional and business knowledge of heatlhcare delivery.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Revit and Bluebeam experience preferred
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Construction Careers
A leader in care since 1945, Kaiser Permanente has accrued a wealth of knowledge about building better hospitals, and we've also accumulated one of the largest real estate portfolios in the country. When you join our team, you build upon our experience and grow your own. With remarkable tools and resources at your fingertips — including massive online data systems that store everything from blueprints and templates to building codes and models — you'll make informed and accurate decisions right down to the last detail.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.