Perioperative Supply Chain Specialist
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Positions works under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Director/Manager and/or designee. Assists with the management of cost containment within Materials Management, Operating Room and Sterile Processing. Maintains supply inventory control and the accuracy of the medical center procedure cards in the electronic health record system. Performs analytics to ensure supply contract compliance and identifies cost savings opportunities. Supports all service area and national Supply Chain Transformation Initiative (SCTI) efforts. Works collaboratively with medical center management and the local Labor Management Partnership representative to identify and achieve cost savings and implement appropriate safety procedures. May be requested to perform supervisory tasks to ensure processes and procedures are implemented accordingly. Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with Materials Management and Peri-Operative staff to maintain the inventory control system (ensure accuracy of product line, proper level of stock, rotation of product, cleanliness of product/carts, accuracy of inventory charging and timeliness of product returns post procedure).
- Assists with the development and maintenance of both a Peri-Operative purchasing and product consignment program for the Operating Room that is consistent with the overall national sourcing strategy.
- Maintains the accuracy of medical center procedure cards by actively collaborating with Nursing and Physicians (removal of obsolete supply items, and updating with recent supply conversions).
- Actively participates to resolve any supply-related discrepancy between Materials Management, the Operating Room and/or Sterile Processing.
- Provides analytical support (financial and utilization), volume forecasting and compliance monitoring.
- Supports initiatives identified through Supply Chain Transformation and any related Performance Improvement Projects.
- Remains proactive in recommending revisions, additions and deletions to contracts.
- Supports Physicians and other health care provider peer groups in their standardization efforts.
- Works actively with the Local Product Council, Peri-Operative Cost Reduction groups, and the Labor Management Partnership to comply with national standards.
- Supports the effort in meeting fiscal budgets and affordability targets, and to identify cost savings opportunities.
- Participates in all Internal Audit requests.
- Provides supervisory functions to other staff in Materials Management and/or the Operating Room.
- May travel across multiple locations.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in combination of purchasing, contracting, materials management or other related areas, including experience with materials management systems and control of an inventory of $5M to $10M.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a peri-operative environment (Ambulatory Surgery Unit and/or Operating Room, and/or Sterile Processing required; combination may equal one (1) year).
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, materials management, economics or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- This job requires supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficient in a variety of software applications with the ability to develop and analyze spreadsheets and write business communications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Experience in a healthcare environment with specific knowledge of Operating Room medical/surgical products.
- Professional certification such as a Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM).
- Extensive knowledge of products/processes related to Kaiser Permanente's procurement and logistics programs.
Orange Co Irvine Medical Center, 6640 Alton Pkwy., Irvine,California, 92618 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Evening Working Hours Start: 3:00 PM Working Hours End: 11:30 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-SCAL-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Material Management Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.