Building on Experience
From designing what's next to building the future of care, the work we do is driven by the needs of our members and employees. When you join our team, you'll work on large-scale projects that support the health of millions.
Principal Mechanical EngineerLocation: Anaheim, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 783564 Date posted: 04/04/2019
- Leads work assignments of diverse and complex scope. Independently applies advanced engineering techniques, procedures and standards. Plans and completes assignments requiring advanced engineering techniques.
- Performs complex engineering analysis and design for new medical facility structures or modifications to existing structures, code review work, and engineering research. Prepares and reviews plans, designs, specifications, cost estimates and reports for all types of new construction, refurbishment work, and other complex structures.
- Reviews contract drawings to ensure engineering design sufficiency and conformance to specifications, and data from contractors.
- Leads field/on-site observation as work pertains to particular engineering discipline and reports recommendations.
- Interprets and coordinates existing engineering policies and methods with capital project teams.
- Responds to inquiries related to design and analysis, and requests for information from capital project team.
- Attends progress and design coordination meetings and provides leadership and mentoring to other engineers and staff.
- Leads the development of templates and standards for planning, design, specifications, materials, equipment, estimated costs and constructability.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of hospital/medical facility design required.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering or architecture discipline (e.g., electrical, mechanical, structural, etc.), OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Professional license/registration/certification required.
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of engineering policies, practices and systems required.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Develops concepts, techniques, standards and guides required.
- Considered functional expert in healthcare field.
- Employs generalist or specialist expertise as required.
- Able to work in a Team environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Advanced experience in design activities for hospital and medical facilities preferred.
- Working knowledge of KP policies, practices and systems preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Construction Careers
A leader in care since 1945, Kaiser Permanente has accrued a wealth of knowledge about building better hospitals, and we've also accumulated one of the largest real estate portfolios in the country. When you join our team, you build upon our experience and grow your own. With remarkable tools and resources at your fingertips — including massive online data systems that store everything from blueprints and templates to building codes and models — you'll make informed and accurate decisions right down to the last detail.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.