Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Undergraduate Intern, Construction Project ManagementLocation: Anaheim, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 865068 Date posted: 02/25/2020
National Facilities Services (NFS) is responsible for the full life-cycle management of the facilities that are leased and owned by Kaiser Permanente. This ranges from Real Estate acquisition to planning to construction and includes engineering, maintenance, security, housekeeping and other property management functions.
The selected intern will be responsible for supporting Southern California Director of Construction Management with the oversight of select major projects in construction. The NFS intern will be exposed to several best practices in Construction Project Management. They will be involved with most capital projects in Southern California. Local travel to various project sites in SoCal is required.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated from an accredited university with a focus in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or Healthcare Administration
normal>- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
normal>- Report development and analytics.
normal>- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
normal>- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
normal>- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
normal>- Performing additional duties as required.
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university program OR recent graduate.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of Access and database experience desirable.
- Prior office experience also desirable.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.