The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Wound Ostomy Continence - PDLocation: Anaheim, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 761437 Date posted: 01/11/2019
- Provides follow-up and interventions to patients diagnosed with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulae, or skin breakdown secondary to pressure, incontinence, venous hypertension, arterial insufficiency, trauma, surgery or diabetic neuropathy and other related skin issues.
- Provides direct patient care counseling of individuals anticipating surgery which may result in the creation of a stoma, individualized instruction for those who have an abdominal stoma for the diversion of stool or urine, or assessment and treatment recommendations for the above stated skin breakdown conditions.
- Assists patient through continuum of care for management of related issues.
- Evaluates new and currently used products for ostomy, continence and wound care.
- Makes recommendations to patients in obtaining related products.
- Assesses individual patient needs and goals, and provides educational programs to physicians, nursing, and other paramedical professionals on ostomy/wound care management and self-care education.
- Conducts continuing educational programs for physicians and nursing personnel. This helps provide current standards of practice for ostomy patients.
- Provides patient/family teaching and education regarding ostomy/wound care and self-management.
- Minimum one (1) year of previous clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse in caring for patients with abdominal stomas, draining wounds, fistulas, and pressure sores ulcers.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Completion of an accredited Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nursing (WOCN) program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current CA RN license.
- Current Board Certification in Wound (CWCN) and Ostomy (COCN) Nursing.
- Certified Continence Nurse (CCCN) may be required as specified by department.
- PODIATRY - only current Board Certification in Wound (CWCN) Nursing is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pediatric and adult patient teaching principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary and integumentary systems including pathophysiology.
- Effective communication skills.
- Fine motor dexterity.
- Current Board Certification in Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nursing (CWOCN).
- BSN Preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.