Assistant Manager Environmental Services
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Assists the Environmental Services Manager with the management of the daily operations of the department.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assists in regulating the daily activities of staff providing necessary guidance and support to maintain quality performance standards.
- Assists Environmental Services Manager in monitoring operational programs assuring that buildings are maintained in a safe, clean and operationally effective condition.
- Assists with the supervision of Environmental Services and Grounds keeping employees to ensure that work techniques, quality assurance standards, department policies and procedures and job specifications are adhered to.
- Assists with the interview and selection of Environmental Services personnel and overseas staff training and development as outlined by EVS Policies and Procedures.
- Assists with the annual competency assessment process. In conjunction with the Manager, develops, initiates and maintains EVS departmental policies and procedures relative to OSHA, DHS, The Joint Commission, NFPA, OSHPD and other governing agency regulations and standards.
- Documents staff training to ensure full program compliance.
- In the absence of the Environmental Services Manager communicates and coordinates department activities with those of other departments by attending and participating in Medical Center, Local Market and regional committees such as peer groups, safety, disaster, infection control, interior design and recycling committees.
- Assists with the evaluation of new products while adhering to National Purchasing Organization guidelines and National Facility Services standards.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of latest environmental trends, products and regulatory requirements necessary to deliver efficient and effective environmental services.
- Assists Environmental Services Manager in preparation of department budgets.
- Identifies opportunities to decrease costs and increase service levels.
- Identifies and implements best practices to generate new and innovative ideas to improve service and reduce costs.
- Minimum five (5) years of previous supervisory experience specific to health care or hospitality required.
- Minimum six (6) months of prior supervisory experience in a union environment required.
- Minimum six (6) months of experience with PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Functional knowledge of infection control techniques, sanitation protocols and cleaning methods required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree in management OR five (5) years of practical industry experience preferred.
- American Society for Healthcare Environmental Services (ASHES) or International Executive Housekeepers Association (IEHA) Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of medical and hazardous waste regulations, health facilities and their unique cleaning requirements preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest