The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Department Manager LeaderLocation: Antioch, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 731262 Date posted: 09/11/2018
- Manages the operations of 24-hour departments that may be at multiple locations. Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human and material resources. Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff. Ensures on going staff development. Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Oversees and develops standards of care and standards of practice, directs fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience in both patient care and management/leadership roles required.
- Minimum four (4) years of previous supervisory experience required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS certificate required.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, federal regulations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- BSN OR BA in health care related field strongly preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.