Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Obstetrics Technician - Grade 265Location: Antioch, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 714483 Date posted: 08/14/2018
- Checks labor and delivery rooms for adequate and well-functioning equipment and supplies
- Tracks preventative maintenance on equipment and expiration dates of supplies
- Sets up emergency equipment
- Welcomes patients to the unit and escorts them to the appropriate room
- Obtains Kaiser Card and photo ID from patient
- Makes temporary patient ID bracelet
- Transports patients to delivery room, Cesarean delivery room, ultrasound or post partum, when indicated
- Checks testing schedule and pulls chart
- Insures proper and adequate supply of packs
- Sets up sterile delivery table and baby unit for delivery
- Opens packs and sets-up for Cesarean delivery
- Scrubs for c-sections
- Assists RN when patient is in the recovery room, delivery room and Cesarean delivery room
- Files monitor strips in envelopes
- Washes instruments and places on central supply cart for sterilizing
- Transports specimens to lab
- Keeps utility room and supply rooms neat and well organized
- Answers lights and telephone
- Performs other related duties as necessary
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Minimum of six (6) months of acute hospital experience required or scrub technician certificate
- High School Diploma/GED
- BLS certification
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment
- Refer to position specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.