Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Pharmacy Technician II - On Call, AshburnLocation: Ashburn, VA Additional Locations:
Haymarket Crossroads Medical Center 15050 Heathcot, 15050 Heathcote Blvd., Haymarket,Dist of Columbia, 20169 Job Number: 834385 Date posted: 10/18/2019
- Greets members at counter or over the telephone, verifies member's eligibility status, and receives prescriptions from members for pharmaceuticals.
- Enters prescription information into computer system and prints labels for use by pharmacist.
- Receives payment according to terms of members' plan.
- Selects requested drugs from Baker cell dispenser or counts drugs from pharmacy shelf.
- Reconstitutes medications by mixing with fluids.
- Prepares intravenous prescriptions, topical ointments, and other drugs by mixing prescribed dosages.
- Attaches labels to container for review by pharmacist.
- Calls members to pick-up completed prescription.
- Receives payment for over-the-counter medications and medical supplies selected by members.
- Answers routine inquiries from members regarding health plan drug coverage, prices, and related issues.
- Identifies situations when patient should speak with pharmacist regarding use of drugs and asks pharmacist to speak to member.
- Orders and stocks drugs and supplies, assembles drugs and supplies for clinical departments, stocks crash carts, and performs other inventory duties.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- One (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Compliance with all state board of pharmacy rules and licensing requirements where applicable required.
- Active CPHT certification required. (Pharmacy students are exempted from the CPHT requirement where applicable).
- Knowledge of medical terminology, generic drug names, pharmaceutical calculations, and ability to assume responsibility for coordinating drug inventory control in medical clinics.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Successful completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training program or US Military program OR one (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.