Area Vice President, National Accounts - East Team
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Please visit the Technical Information page for assistance or reach out to the web manager at email@example.com.
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Responsible for the direction and continuous improvement of the Account Management team, ensuring the achievement of financially sustainable membership growth, retention and revenue goals while providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight of their respective market segment, including the development and execution of retention, marketing and growth strategies. This position also has responsibility for supporting the companys local presence and strategy by becoming involved with key organization, committees, and influences within the area of responsibility. Coach and develop the Account Management team in developing and executing against defined metrics regarding account management plans, in-group growth and retention, and monitoring of key business performance metrics to drive business results.
- Leads the team to execute established strategy.
- Provides direction and hold staff accountable for book of business membership and margin targets.
- Identifies resources needed for the team to achieve organizational performance goals.
- Uses consistent enterprise-wide practices to hire the right people and provide consistent orientation.
- Creates and models a coaching culture that supports continuous growth and development at all levels.
- Responsible for selecting, developing, and deploying staff in the most effective manner to meet assigned objectives.
- Coaches and develop staff using enterprise models and tools that enables continuous growth and development.
- Evaluates and provide substantial performance review input on all staff in the office.
- Effectively leverage KPs Manager Coaching Program to support team development and excellence.
- Leads and manages the ongoing effort to educate, inform and influence operations leadership about the marketplace and what Kaiser Permanente must do to be successful.
- Develops strategic partnerships to continuously improve our business relationships with our customers to optimize the growth potential in each account.
- Influences peers and decisions makers from other business lines to enhance processes and systems to meet customer needs.
- Provides overall direction and coordination of support resources for all Account Management housed and working in their geographic area/line of business responsibility and in concert with all regions where appropriate.
- Anticipates key business, marketplace and competitor dynamics and develops and implements strategies that ensure growth and mitigate adverse risk.
- Work closely with/drive cross-functional teams/initiatives across organization supporting unique LOB(s) strategic needs to insure business needs addressed and operational efficiency/effectiveness.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key local influencers, consultants, brokers, decision makers, and community groups that will further the local presence strategy for Kaiser Permanente.
- Proposes and executes policies and programs to achieve maximum membership potential for Kaisers products and/or services.
- Leads the optimization and collaboration in the development and execution of all strategic and tactical plans to achieve growth potential and optimal business partnership in each account.
- Oversee, develop and implement strategic action plans to achieve forecast for each market segment.
- Accountable for ensuring budget for department/team stays allocated budget/costs targets.
- Assists in the development, population, and maintenance of program and/or region-wide relevant data and information, including competitive data, LOB financials, and ad hoc reporting.
- Continuously improve tools, technology, and processes to optimize effectiveness.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in sales, marketing, business development, or account management of which six years must have been spent in a direct management capacity.
- Minimum eight (8) years experience in the healthcare or insurance industry or sales related industry.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or account management.
- Demonstrated experience in proactively responding to developments and new requirements imposed by Federal and State agencies. Demonstrated track record of successful recruitment, selection and development of sales/account management staff.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in strong interpersonal, public presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Possesses negotiation, consulting skills with facility to interact and influence senior leaders.
- Possesses complex problem solving skills, a high degree of business acumen and ability to influence change across all functional areas of the organization.
- Advanced proficiency and understanding of the health care industry and market dynamics and trends for all health care products.
- Demonstrated proficiency to interpret and communicate laws and regulations related to health care.
- Demonstrated understanding of medical management operations and strategies in health care facilities and field.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitors strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to keep current with changes, proposed or threatened, of Federal and State laws, regulations, contracts and rulings related to health care.
- Demonstrated experience effectively work cross-functionally across the organization and externally with members, State policy makers and regulators, key community agencies/influencers, employers/brokers.
- Demonstrated experience in proactively driving policy and responding to developments, new requirements and new legislation imposed by HHS and State agencies.
- High level of proficiency to plan effectively in an uncertain and volatile environment; to develop strong relationships both internally and externally to effect changes needed.
- Demonstrated expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in financial/underwriting concepts and a demonstrated ability to apply these concepts.
- MHA, MPH, or MBA.
Rockville Regional Offices, 2101 E. Jefferson St., Rockville,Maryland, 20852 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Director/Senior Director Department: Po/Ho Corp - HP PROD MGMT-NATL ACCTS - 7016 Pay Range: $180800 - $233970 / year The ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or state than the location posted. Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest