The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Breast Care Coordinator RN - PRN, Glenlake Medical CenterLocation: Atlanta, GA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 832314 Date posted: 10/09/2019
The job exists to monitor, facilitate and manage the member-s breast care and ultimately to address all women-s health issues. This coordinator is responsible for maintaining an interactive departmental program to support the Breast Center.
- Maintains an interactive departmental program to support the Breast Center.
- Develops and maintains relationships with outside providers and hospitals to insure the success of the center.
- Develops and facilitates educational programs for patients and professionals
- Case management of patients through the continuum of care
- Responsible for the quality and success of the Breast Center
- Is an advocate for breast health issues and will promote Kaiser Permanente-s Thrive philosophy.
- Responsible for identifying and intervening in breast and women-s health issues
- Has an understanding of complex physiological and psychological dimensions of care of the client and family being served.
- Coordinates the scheduling of stereotactic biopsies in patients identified by radiology as having microcalcifications requiring biopsy.
- Contacts and counsels the above patients concerning the biopsy i.e. why it is being recommended, what to expect during the
- procedure, etc.
- Schedules biopsy date and informs patient of date and prep instructions.
- Coordinates the transfer of films and ensures that films are available on date of biopsy
- Notifies patients of their biopsy results & ensures that patient sees a surgeon as indicated.
- Resource for newly diagnosed breast cancer patients - provide information regarding support groups, web sites, etc.
- Point of contact for established breast cancer patients for ongoing care, prosthesis, undergarments, wigs, etc.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of current activities in the field of breast health
- Assists in the ongoing development and implementation of the breast health program
- Ensures quality patient care consistent with our mission and goals
- Maintains logs; submits reports and logs as requested; ensures that breast health tracking is maintained
- Consistent demonstration of a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility with job duties, location and schedule
- Dependability in attendance and punctuality
- Attend meetings as needed
- Responds to member questions and concerns and acts as a member advocate for their service needs within Kaiser Permanente,
- resolving issues at the lowest possible level
- Assists with the development and maintenance of a resource library for breast education. Provides patient education
- Develop community contacts with associated hospitals, associated agencies, etc. (American Cancer Society, local support
- groups, etc).
- Provides emotional support and coordination of care for breast cancer patients and their families
- Performs other duties as assigned, according to the needs of the business
- Current license as a Professional Registered Nurse in Georgia
- Completion of Customer Service Assessment - distributed through H.R.
- Basic Life Support required.
- Seven (7) to eight (8) years previous nursing experience.
- Experience in a related field i.e. surgical practice, women-s health
- Knowledge of breast abnormalities and treatments
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrated ability in interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated active listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a new program.
- Knowledge of Breast Health Tracking system and Radiology BIRADS coding.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.