Chief IT Engineer ApplicationsAtlanta, GA
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more. Join us for the opportunity to define what good looks like in digital health and make an impact along the way.
- Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our digital team.
More About Kaiser Permanente
Leading in a Crisis
Prat Vemana and his team had to respond quickly to execute and mobilize a strategy for the pandemic that would work across the company’s vast integrated health system.
The Webcam Will See You Now
Telemedicine apps, invented for rural patients, have a critical new role during the coronavirus: keeping you and doctors at a safe distance.
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
Chief IT Engineer Applications
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
As Kaiser Permanente IT advances further on its digital transformations journey , we are looking for highly talented and motivated individuals to be part of the experience engineering organization. The experience engineering is responsible for building Kaiser Permanente’s consumer/member facing web experience . The Chief IT Engineer Applications will be part of the experience engineering and will be technically leading one or more scrum teams/squads for the delivery of features contributing towards building the digital experiences for our consumers. He will contribute in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimation, solution design, implementation, testing and deployment . He will use DevSecOps, and Agile methodologies to deliver complex , multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, resilient and secure cloud-based solutions.
• Work closely with product and UX design teams to define the experiences to achieve the defined OKRs.
• Works with the other technology leads and architects to discuss architecture and solution design options and presents them to senior leaders.
• Serve as the de-facto expert and leader across various engineering IT disciplines including application, network, infrastructure, application, big data, cloud, virtualization, etc.
• Key decision maker on frameworks standardization for both server side and client side frameworks.
• Provide leadership to extend the organization’s ability to optimize use of emerging technologies
• Stays current with enterprise technologies and make recommendations based on business value
• Mentors engineers and testers within squads.
• Build strong cross-organizational relationships and effectively influence staff across the IT organization and broader enterprise
This senior level employee is primarily responsible for influencing and leveraging the technical direction of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions and for serving as an expert for technical teams. This employee is accountable for ensuring software solutions are managed with full adherence to industry best practices.
- Drives the execution of multiple work streams by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and updating new procedures and policies; gaining cross-functional support for objectives and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; solving highly complex issues; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership; influencing, mentoring, and coaching team members; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; evaluating and responding to the strengths and weaknesses of self and unit members; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Provides insight into recommendations for complex technical solutions that meet design and functional needs.
- Serves as an expert for innovative technical solutions that meet design and functional needs.
- Collaborates with architects and/or software consultants to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs.
- Provides technical expertise for the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by providing insight, guidance, and an escalation point for the design and coding of component-based applications.
- Translates business requirements and functional specifications into physical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions by partnering with Business Analysts and other team members to understand business needs and functional specifications.
- Leverages networks to drive collaboration between technical teams, architects, and/or software consultants, and ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs.
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships with internal customers, third party vendors, and senior management to ensure the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse project stakeholders.
- Oversees the review and implementation of recommendations of technical solutions across multiple functions.
- Takes accountability for ensuring specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures, and functions support technical solutions and are aligned with architectural designs.
- Derives an overall strategy of data management, within an established Information Architecture, that supports the business model. Identifies information structures and detail to enable the development and secure operation of new information services. Takes overall responsibility for planning effective information storage, sharing, and publishing within the organization.
- Sets strategies for effective use of database technology taking account of the complex interrelations between hardware/software. Provides specialist expertise in the development, use, or operation of database management system tools and facilities. Provides expert knowledge in the selection, provision, and use of database architectures, software, and facilities, typically taking responsibility for a team of technical staff.
- Facilitates and serves as a technical expert for project teams throughout the release schedule of business and enterprise software solutions.
- Provides expertise and guidance to team members for systems' incident responses for complex issues.
- Fosters and leverages partnerships with IT teams and vendors to ensure written code adheres to company architectural standards, design patterns, and technical specification.
- Maintains and enhances technical expertise and knowledge of industry trends by attending participating conferences, and developing a network with other IT industry experts.
- Leads consultation efforts to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures.
- Provides expert technical advice and recommendations to others within the organization on matters related to software engineering, including market trends, and new programs and applications.
- Reviews and verifies resource estimates for complex technical design, coding, and testing efforts.
- Identifies specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures, and functions, as required, to support technical solutions, serving as an escalation point for complex or unresolved issues related to requirements translation.
- As part of the IT Engineering job family, this position is responsible for leveraging DEVOPS, and both Waterfall and Agile practices, to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure, multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise, cloud-based solutions.
- Minimum six (6) years experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (e.g., SDLC).
- Minimum four (4) years in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and Minimum ten (10) years experience in software development or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above)
- Five (5) years experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions.
- Four (4) years experience in a leadership role of a large matrixed organization.
- Four (4) years experience in test-driven application development.
- Four (4) years of development experience with Adobe Experience Manager
- Four (4) years of development experience with Agile Methodology
- Four (4) years of development experience with Amazon WebServices
- Four (4) years of development experience with AngularJS
- Four (4) years of development experience on Microsoft Azure
- Four (4) years of development experience on a Bluemix platform
- Four (4) years of development experience with Java
- Four (4) years of development experience with Jenkins
- Four (4) years of development experience with Node.js
- Four (4) years of development experience with responsive UI (HTML 5, CSS3, etc.)
- Four (4) years of development experience with Service Oriented Architecture/web services
- Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
Location options: NCAL, SCAL, GA, WA, CO, OR, DC, MD or HI. (With the option of working mostly remote)
Corona Data Center Admin, 1830 California Ave., Corona,California, 92881
Greenwood Plaza IT, 6560 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Greenwood Village,Colorado, 80111
New Carrollton Administration, 4000 Garden City Dr., Hyattsville,Maryland, 20785 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: IT ENG Applications Department: KPIT ADMIN - KPD EXP ENG - 9601 Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Perks & Benefits
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Education & Tuition
Career Growth & Development
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
As a new organization, KP Digital will reinvent how we approach digital challenges — from the products we create to the way we work to the talent we hire. As part of this new team, you must be as knowledgeable as you are curious, willing to try new things, even if it means failing fast. We foster a culture of learning but leave your path up to you. In every opportunity we see growth, and in this growth you could see limitless opportunities.
What Our People Say
Data Science & Analytics
“Every day, I leverage technology to power digital transformation in health care and deliver meaningful and impactful experiences for our members. More importantly, I enjoy working with team members and leaders who are vested in your success at KP Digital!”
“I work with a highly collaborative and inclusive team of designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers. We’re committed to a design centric decision-making process and providing the best digital experiences we can.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“KP Digital employees are assured of career growth through a wide spectrum of ongoing training opportunities that include essential soft skills as well as upcoming new technologies.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“Working for KP Digital helped me realize my dream of impacting the community by applying a digital first mindset to the solutions we create. I am very fortunate to work with a high performing and passionate team committed to making things happen!”
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.