Director, Mobile Development (Condition Management) Open to CA, GA, WA, OR, CO, MD, VA, HI, DCAtlanta, GA
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more. Join us for the opportunity to define what good looks like in digital health and make an impact along the way.
- Job Level: Director/Senior Director
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our digital team.
More About Kaiser Permanente
Leading in a Crisis
Prat Vemana and his team had to respond quickly to execute and mobilize a strategy for the pandemic that would work across the company’s vast integrated health system.
The Webcam Will See You Now
Telemedicine apps, invented for rural patients, have a critical new role during the coronavirus: keeping you and doctors at a safe distance.
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
Director, Mobile Development (Condition Management) Open to CA, GA, WA, OR, CO, MD, VA, HI, DC
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This role is open to all Kaiser Permanente Regions (CA, OR, WA, CO, VA, MD, DC, HI, GA)
As a market-leader in health insurance and healthcare, we are driving digital innovation and transformation in a marketplace that is changing rapidly. We are looking for an ambitious and driven technical leader to manage multiple mobile engineering teams. This is someone with a strong knowledge of iOS and Android native mobile development and experience building high caliber mobile delivery teams in a scaled agile environment where multiple teams work closely together.
The Condition Management Mobile Engineering team also known as Manage My Health Condition within KP Digital supports Kaiser Permanente’s strategy to transform healthcare by delivering industry leading engaging native mobile experiences in the Condition Management area. Working closely with product managers this role will lead the teams working in a dual track agile development model to ideate and deliver engaging mobile experiences that will transform condition management at scale. Outside of native mobile development technologies these teams work with several remote patient monitoring technologies/stacks. To begin with, this leader shall manage four mobile teams consisting of a mix of full time employees and contractors. These teams work closely with Capability Engineering teams, external KP teams and external technology vendors. The right candidate will possess strong engineering skills and have to balance their bandwidth between engaging with key stakeholders/customers, on-time delivery of industry leading mobile user experiences, admin/operational tasks, leading a passionate engineering team including performance reviews and helping them grow in their careers and finding opportunities to improve technology and processes.
- Directs the operation of multiple units and/or departments by identifying customer and operational needs; analyzing resources, costs, and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; gaining cross-functional support for business plans and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; and ensuring products and/or services meet customer requirements and expectations while aligning with organizational strategies.
- Demonstrates continuous learning and maintains a highly skilled and engaged workforce by aligning resource plans with business objectives; overseeing the recruitment, selection, and development of talent; motivating teams; preparing individuals for growth opportunities and advancement; staying current with industry trends, benchmarks, and best practices; providing guidance when difficult decisions need to be made; and ensuring performance management guidelines and expectations drive business objectives and results.
- As part of the IT Engineering job family, this position is responsible for leveraging DEVOPS, and both Waterfall and Agile practices, to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure, multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise, cloud-based solutions.
- Leverages networks to drive collaboration between technical teams, architects, and/or software consultants, and ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs.
- Ensures the provision of appropriate resources to address systems incident support and troubleshooting.
- Oversees the review and implementation of recommendations of technical solutions across multiple functions.
- Directs and oversees technical teams in the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions by building and maintaining partnerships with Business Analyst and IT leadership to ensure team members understand business needs and functional specifications.
- Oversees the management of multiple application portfolios and/or provides resources in support of those portfolios by leveraging partnerships with IT teams (for example, Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts), vendors, and business leaders to ensure adherence of written code to company standards.
- Oversees efforts to ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures.
- Takes accountability for ensuring specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures, and functions support technical solutions and are aligned with architectural designs.
- Provides oversight throughout the release schedule of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment.
- Ensures appropriate guidance and mentoring is provided to other technical resources in the application development process.
- Oversees the technical management of vendors (e.g., offshore, application, service).
- Directs teams through all software development lifecycle phases by ensuring that teams understand and adhere to company methodology, policies, standards, and controls.
- Fosters and leverages partnerships with IT teams and vendors to ensure written code adheres to company architectural standards, design patterns, and technical specification.
- Oversees the development, configuration, and modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions by providing leadership in the design and coding of component-based applications.
- Oversees the management of resource requirements throughout the PLC.
- Directs and oversees the development, validation, and execution of testing scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications.
- Minimum six (6) years experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (e.g., SDLC).
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field and Minimum eight (8) years experience in corporate management, project management, IT consulting, or related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above)
- Two (2) years experience overseeing vendor relationships.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
Green Street/IDS, 99 S. Oakland Ave., Pasadena,California, 91101
Kaiser Permanente Building, 500 NE Multnomah St., Portland,Oregon, 97232
Ordway, One Kaiser Plaza, Oakland,California, 94612
Greenwood Plaza IT, 6560 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Greenwood Village,Colorado, 80111
New Carrollton Administration, 4000 Garden City Dr., Hyattsville,Maryland, 20785
Renton Administration - Rainier, 2715 Naches Ave. SW, Renton,Washington, 98057 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Director/Senior Director Specialty: IT ENG Applications Department: KPIT ADMIN - KPD CAS SOL DEL - 9601 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Education & Tuition
Career Growth & Development
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
As a new organization, KP Digital will reinvent how we approach digital challenges — from the products we create to the way we work to the talent we hire. As part of this new team, you must be as knowledgeable as you are curious, willing to try new things, even if it means failing fast. We foster a culture of learning but leave your path up to you. In every opportunity we see growth, and in this growth you could see limitless opportunities.
What Our People Say
Data Science & Analytics
“Every day, I leverage technology to power digital transformation in health care and deliver meaningful and impactful experiences for our members. More importantly, I enjoy working with team members and leaders who are vested in your success at KP Digital!”
“I work with a highly collaborative and inclusive team of designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers. We’re committed to a design centric decision-making process and providing the best digital experiences we can.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“KP Digital employees are assured of career growth through a wide spectrum of ongoing training opportunities that include essential soft skills as well as upcoming new technologies.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“Working for KP Digital helped me realize my dream of impacting the community by applying a digital first mindset to the solutions we create. I am very fortunate to work with a high performing and passionate team committed to making things happen!”
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.