Director, Reliability EngineeringAtlanta, GA
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more. Join us for the opportunity to define what good looks like in digital health and make an impact along the way.
- Level: Director/Senior Director
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our digital team.
More About Kaiser Permanente
Leading in a Crisis
Prat Vemana and his team had to respond quickly to execute and mobilize a strategy for the pandemic that would work across the company’s vast integrated health system.
The Webcam Will See You Now
Telemedicine apps, invented for rural patients, have a critical new role during the coronavirus: keeping you and doctors at a safe distance.
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
Director, Reliability Engineering
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
At KP Digital, we are obsessed with shaping the future of healthcare. Relying on our product and experience-first mindset coupled with the right digital tools and platforms, we’re building a digital and product practice that is laser-focused on creating the best possible experience for our members, our employees, our clinicians and care teams, and our employers and brokers. From discovery to delivery, we value an end-to-end approach that is strategic, thoughtful, collaborative, creative, and human-centered.
The Director – Reliability Engineering is responsible for building and implementing scalable Reliability Engineering organization with standards and practices to support our rapidly growing Digital applications and capabilities. Also responsible for building instrumentation function to enable Engineering organization with right dashboards and reports to effectively capture their KPIs. Primary goal of keeping the digital experience reliable and help engineering and product teams to deliver features seamlessly in to production.
We are seeking an inspiring technical leader with proven record of transforming organizations and building new capabilities for large organizations.
The leader must have effectively lead at least 4 of the following functions at director capacity. Site Reliability Engineering (aka SRE), Performance Engineering, Capacity planning, Dev Ops transformation (CI/CD), Release Engineering, Regression Automation, Cloud Enablement/transition, Develop applications in cloud.
• Define, lead and deliver Reliability engineering and Dev Ops best practices for the mission critical digital applications and platforms running on prem and cloud
• Redefine performance best practices to accurately measure member experience and consistently improve (Both Client and server side performance)
• Build appropriate tooling, instrument right metrics and reports to help proactively detect issues and resolve them before impacting our member experience
• Assess the skill gap and train and hire talent as necessary
• Work with platform engineering to help build reliable and scalable environment to support the growth (both organic and seasonal growth)
• As a champion in Engineering , evangelize Reliability engineering practices and foster a culture of innovation across KP Digital and KP IT
This managing level employee is responsible for directing long-term strategy for IT infrastructure planning, while overseeing technical teams that support infrastructure systems across multiple domains. This employee is also responsible for directing teams through all system development lifecycle phases and provides insight and recommendations to inform the ongoing strategy.
- Directs the operation of multiple units and/or departments by identifying customer and operational needs; analyzing resources, costs, and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; gaining cross-functional support for business plans and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; and ensuring products and/or services meet customer requirements and expectations while aligning with organizational strategies.
- Demonstrates continuous learning and maintains a highly skilled and engaged workforce by aligning resource plans with business objectives; overseeing the recruitment, selection, and development of talent; motivating teams; preparing individuals for growth opportunities and advancement; staying current with industry trends, benchmarks, and best practices; providing guidance when difficult decisions need to be made; and ensuring performance management guidelines and expectations drive business objectives and results.
- As part of the IT Engineering job family, this position is responsible for leveraging DEVOPS, and both Waterfall and Agile practices, to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure, multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise, cloud-based solutions.
- Oversees team deliverables.
- Sets service strategy based on long-term strategic plan for the organization.
- Interfaces with business leaders on assigned business and technology-related issues to understand short- and long-term business needs.
- Oversees existing systems to ensure appropriate resources are in place to maintain service levels and meet new demands.
- Directs and oversees technical teams in the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into technical specifications that support integrated and sustainable designs for systems across multiple technical domains or platforms, by building and maintaining partnerships with cross-functional leadership to understand business needs and functional specifications.
- Directs the long-term strategy for IT infrastructure planning, engineering, and architecture across multiple enterprise systems by leading the assessment of the implications of IT business strategies on infrastructure capabilities.
- Works with the different funding bodies to prioritize different initiatives to secure funding.
- Leads partnerships with counterparts in various IT Teams (e.g., database, operations, technical support) throughout system development and implementation.
- Oversees the resolution of complex or high impact system issues.
- Anticipates IT industry directions, reviews benchmarking results, and makes recommendations to support current and future infrastructure needs and projects to senior IT leadership.
- Leverages partnerships with various IT Teams (e.g., database, operations, technical support) throughout system development and implementation to ensure architecture designs meet long-term objectives.
- Oversees project support plans, schedules, and assignments, and asks for additional staff or budget, as necessary.
- Presents recommendations to senior leadership regarding systems designs.
- Oversees team and develops vision for technical direction for the development and modification of solutions across multiple business functions by developing the vision for business needs and initiatives.
- Oversees the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by researching, formulating, and monitoring processes and procedures for the introduction and maintenance of services.
KP-IT @ West Annex - Parsons, 74 N. Pasadena Ave., Pasadena,California, 91124
Technical Services Center, 2221 Broadbirch Dr., Silver Spring,Maryland, 20904
Greenwood Plaza IT, 6560 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Greenwood Village,Colorado, 80111 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 04:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Director/Senior Director Specialty: IT ENG Infrastructure Department: KPIT ADMIN - KPD CAS GENERAL - 9601 Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Perks & Benefits
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Education & Tuition
Career Growth & Development
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
As a new organization, KP Digital will reinvent how we approach digital challenges — from the products we create to the way we work to the talent we hire. As part of this new team, you must be as knowledgeable as you are curious, willing to try new things, even if it means failing fast. We foster a culture of learning but leave your path up to you. In every opportunity we see growth, and in this growth you could see limitless opportunities.
What Our People Say
Data Science & Analytics
“Every day, I leverage technology to power digital transformation in health care and deliver meaningful and impactful experiences for our members. More importantly, I enjoy working with team members and leaders who are vested in your success at KP Digital!”
“I work with a highly collaborative and inclusive team of designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers. We’re committed to a design centric decision-making process and providing the best digital experiences we can.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“KP Digital employees are assured of career growth through a wide spectrum of ongoing training opportunities that include essential soft skills as well as upcoming new technologies.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“Working for KP Digital helped me realize my dream of impacting the community by applying a digital first mindset to the solutions we create. I am very fortunate to work with a high performing and passionate team committed to making things happen!”
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.