Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Health Educator is responsible for assessing, designing, planning, implementing, presenting, and evaluating health education and/or other associated activities for members at Kaiser Permanente Georgia. The health educator will use appropriate strategies, and methods to facilitate health promotion and disease prevention.
- Conducts needs assessments, establishes priorities, designs, implements, and evaluates basic health education programs, protocols, and standards.
- Coordinates a wide range of health education services, including establishing effective referral and publicity systems, monitoring quality and documentation, providing scheduling and logistical support, and facilitating use of community services to promote the delivery of cost-effective health education services.
- Provides direct group or one-on-one health education services to members and the public (virtually, telephonic, in-person, etc.).
- Reviews, develops, and recommends high quality, culturally appropriate written and audio-visual health education materials.
- Consults with physicians and staff regarding related health education services.
- Coordinates health information projects such as program catalogs, newsletter, informational displays, and community health events.
- Specializes in a specific area of health education (e.g., HIV nutrition, chronic disease, health promotion) as required.
- Prepares reports, grants, proposals, and documentation as assigned.
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals and priorities.
- Conducts outreach to targeted populations (i.e., chronic conditions, population health) to support quality effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) year of previous experience in providing and coordinating health education services.
- Bachelors degree in a directly related field.
- Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition Certificate within 12 months of hire OR Nutrition Support Clinician Certificate within 12 months of hire OR Diabetes Educator Certificate within 12 months of hire OR Specialist in Renal Nutrition Certificate within 12 months of hire
- Previous experience in curriculum development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory, group process theory and application.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of PC applications required.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mainframe and personal computing systems.
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership Environment.
- Knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory.
- Curriculum and materials development.
- Demonstrated ability to use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- PC skills Previous individual, small group, and large group/classroom training/teaching experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of recent teaching/program planning.
- Masters Degree in a directly related field.