Delivery You Can Count On
As a member of our Claims Connect team, you'll help process and deliver the claims information Kaiser Permanente's members, providers, regulators, and customers need, and expect, from a world-class health care organization.
Healthcare Underwriter IILocation: Atlanta, GA Job Number: 698326 Date posted: 05/22/2018
Anticipate key business, marketplace and competitor dynamics in developing and implementing strategies to optimize business results which include retention and growth targets while mitigating risk. Primary focus is on establishing the appropriate rate and conditions of offering to achieve revenue, membership and margin goals. Additionally, processes and policies are managed to support optimal customer service while collaborating with Sales/Account Management partners to optimize business opportunities and effective solutions.
- Establish effective business relationships with Sales and Account Management to execute a business plan that optimizes our opportunities across a book of business.
- Produce accurate quotes in compliance with Underwriting and authority guidelines and state and federal laws for existing and prospective business.
- Develop and execute account and/or book of business plans to ensure attainment of goals.
- Lead peer review to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of quote.
- Manage business processes and policies that support for all job levels particularly in areas of rate actions, benefit structure, customer engagements, etc.
- Meets established department turn around goals by balancing deadlines.
- Implement new and existing policies, procedures, and methodology.
- Implement continuous quality improvement programs.
- Strategize with internal customers on implications of decisions on business outcomes.
- Position Underwriting is an integral partner in the creation of effective business solutions.
- Establish relationships with Sales/Account Management to enhance business potential with purchasers, brokers and consultants.
- Develop solutions that increase credibility withcustomers and Sales/Account Management and external customers.
- Acquire and exhibit knowledge of the external business environment to add value.
- One (1) year of experience in rating, underwriting, or performing analysis work.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration, mathematics, statistics, OR four (4) years of experience rating, underwriting, marketplace evaluations, and/or financial analysis in a managed care environment.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Experience using effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, particularly financial and statistical.
- Ability to interpret client-specific data to analyze underlying causes of significant changes in demographics and utilization.
- Proficiency and understanding of trends in the insurance industry and the practices of competitive carriers.
- Ability to adjust conflicting priorities to meet or exceed established department turnaround goals.
- Two (2) years of underwriting experience.
- Previous experience with employee group benefits.
- Proficiency and understanding of underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
Primary Location: Georgia,Atlanta,Regional Office - 9 Piedmont 9 Piedmont Center 34 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon - Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Insurance / Claims Department: Pricing and Underwriting Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Insurance & Claims Careers
Careers in Insurance & Claims
Our insurance and claims teams are committed to meeting customer and member expectations when it comes to the timely and accurate processing of claims, while remaining in compliance with federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulations and rules. Make an impact as you contribute to the implementation of contemporary technology in areas such as claims quality, claims operations, business analysis, processing, configuration, reporting, and more.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.