The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Lead, Regional Infection Prevention NurseLocation: Atlanta, GA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 775339 Date posted: 02/25/2019
Contributes to the provision of high quality patient care by supporting infection prevention and control practices and compliance with requirements of regulatory agencies. Participates in the identification, prevention and control of infections by performance of surveillance activities by data collection, analysis, and reporting data. Performs on-site visits to all clinical departments in the Georgia Region to assess infection control practices. Provides consultation and education for department managers and staff. Assists in assuring compliance with and preparation for accreditation, licensure surveys and regulatory standards review.
- Conducts ongoing infection surveillance monitoring. Identify and track infections associated with the medical office specific patient care and treatments. Examples include: High level disinfection processes and procedures (e.g., scope reprocessing). Positive Tuberculosis cultures. Surgical wound infections. Central Lines infections. Partnering with Microbiology department to monitor MRSR.
- Investigates Infection Control problems and infectious disease outbreaks. Identify responses to improve patient care systems and mitigate risk.
- Reports pertinent information to the Georgia Department of Health and local public health departments.
- Performs on-site visits to all departments in the region to investigate problems, provide expert consultation and provide educational opportunities.
- Conduct infection control risk assessments for planned construction projects during pre-construction planning. Ensures appropriate controls are in place to control infection control risks to patients during construction projects.
- Provides formal and informal training to enable implementation of key infection control programs and initiatives.
- Develops, implements and revises infection control policies and procedures.
- Monitor clinic specific infection control measures, identify issues and solutions. Conducts periodic site assessments. Key areas of focus include: Patient Waiting Areas. Infection control issues for patients. Respiratory etiquette station. Separation of patients with defined signs and symptoms. Clinical Patient Care Areas. Cleaning procedures. Disinfection of patient care equipment. Separation of clean and dirty areas. Sterilization and high level disinfection processes. Negative pressure room procedures. Refrigerator temperatures. Assure appropriate management of infectious waste.
- Co-chairs with the Chief of Infectious Diseases, the Georgia Region Infection Control quarterly meeting.
- Partners with the Chief of Infectious Diseases to support infection control programs.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in an acute care hospital utilizing knowledge of medical and surgical procedures, treatments and patient management required.
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive management experience particularly in the areas of program development, implementing infection prevention and control practices and ensuring compliance with regulatory agency requirements.
- Baccalaureate degree.
- Minimum requirement or degree required as well as any licenses or certifications required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia or able to obtain prior to date of hire.
- To become Certified Infection Control (CIC) professional within three (3) years.
- Demonstrates ability to function as a liaison, instructor and consultant with clinical departments.
- Demonstrates problem-solving and decision making.
- Demonstrates ability to develop and present educational programs effectively and communicate in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Demonstrates customer service standards when interacting with internal and external customers/members.
- Strong computer skills including various Microsoft applications project management, etc.
- Demonstrates ability or plan for supplemental education to ensure comprehension and utilization of scientific data and basic statistical data and basic statistical techniques/methods.
- Certified Infection Control (CIC) professional is preferred but not required.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.