Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Manager, Financial Planning & AnalysisLocation: Atlanta, GA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 780902 Date posted: 03/25/2019
- Coordinates Georgia Region financial planning processes. Facilitates Regional leaders in planning, forecasting and reporting. Consults on financial models, tools and reports and ensures that financial reports are relevant and convey information that leads to the success of the Region. Oversees the integration and analysis of financial components of the Regions- Financial Planning processes; ensures accurate and sound financial plans; highlights issues and opportunities for CFO and Leadership action.
- Manages the organization-s forecast for operating results on a monthly and quarterly basis; ensures development of accurate and actionable forecasts. Provides insightful financial analyses and presentations (standard and ad-hoc) to Senior Leadership, which contributes to their effectiveness and the oversight of the Program and Regions- financial health.
- Plays an integration role among various Program level and Regional functions. Provides recommendations to the CFO based on insightful analyses of operations and financial results for the Region. Consults with and assists regional managers in improving performance.
- Develops a high performance analytical team through effective recruiting, mentoring and coaching. Supervises assigned staff. This includes interviewing, selecting, training, motivating, evaluating, counseling, disciplining and terminating in compliance with EEO/AA goals and personnel policies of the organization.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Financial Planning.
- One or more years of health care insurance related experience.
- Experience in forecasting techniques, trending and complex analytics.
- Ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans.
- Ability to work closely with and influence Senior Management.
- Must be strong financial modeler and financial data engineer.
- Ability to conduct, interpret and present quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Recommend solutions and bring forward alternatives to complex financial issues.
- Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting, including the following attributes: must be results-oriented. Successfully manage critical complex financial projects to completion.
- Ability to facilitate senior level committees, key stakeholders and teams helping them resolve conflict.
- Must have advanced knowledge of analytic techniques pertinent to the business process managed. This includes financial forecasting, sensitivity analysis, net present value, decision analysis, cost-benefit analysis, operations research and trend analysis.
- Experience with advanced economic analysis.
- Experience leading and developing teams for successful outcomes.
- Experience with financial presentations and communications
- MBA in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration, CPA.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.