Network Manager - Provider Contracting
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Ensures successful contractual relationships with hospitals and community providers. Acts as a liaison between contracted hospitals and Kaiser Permanente to address issues relating to contract administration. Oversees and directs the day to day operations of the provider relations unit. Responsible for peer review, coaching and development of provider relations representatives. May provide input on performance evaluations and participate in goal development.
- Promotes good provider relations by addressing operational issues and evaluate contract and credentialing compliance.
- Attends Joint Operating Committee meetings as assigned.
- Responsible for contracting with Hospital Based Physicians.
- Responsible for the Letter of Agreement Process.
- Tracks and maintains any CPI increase for contracted hospitals.
- Communicates with consultants to provide up-to-date information regarding TSPMG.
- Provides feedback to the appropriate management personnel when issues are identified relative to patient care, billing and authorization.
- Works closely with Department of Quality Risk Management, Business Office, Claims and Medical Audit to identify and resolve operational issues relating to contract development, administration, and to facilitate quality of service and reimbursement.
- Responsible for implementation of newly developed contracts by providing on site training and orientation to the community providers office staff.
- Provides support to the Contract Manager in regards to capitation arrangements with Core Consultants.
- Responsible for the analysis and evaluation of metrics to evaluate key business indicators including timeliness and accuracy of contract configuration. Contributes to metrics and analyses for the purposes of vendor oversight, network adequacy (accessibility & capacity), member satisfaction, vendor integrity, business continuity, product recall, etc. and determining appropriate next steps. Oversees development of vendors corrective action plans and ensures submitted plans meet quality and business process standards. Accountable for ensuring vendors/suppliers are responsive to quality and service level concerns and influencing stakeholders to ensure that interventions are timely and effective.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of positive ongoing relationships with community providers. Serves as the key contact for community providers in resolving escalated complex claims concerns and achieving provider satisfaction. This position is also responsible for the regular monitoring, collection, and reporting of performance metrics, territory profile reporting of field operations activities, and the coordination of Kaiser Permanente Payor/Provider conference activities.
- Responsible for the community provider orientation and training process (large and small audiences):
- Creates trending reference and training materials as needed for different audiences / training topics;
- Delivers training and orientation classes using appropriate training techniques
- Provides accurate, timely expertise in KP products and operations;
- Creates training topics identified from escalated provider concern trends
- Maintains personal knowledge of product and benefit developments, and organizational and departmental policies and procedures
- Utilizes approved and branded KP training materials
- Performs provider field visits to address escalated complex provider issues communicated via Macess SFs
- Demonstrates focus on customer satisfaction with excellent service and efficient follow up
- Performs detailed analysis of operational issues
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a field position doing provider relations.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a field position.
- Minimum two (2) years of public speaking and presentation skills.
- Minimum two (2) years of provider contracting experience.
- Experience in billing department protocol and procedures.
- Bachelors degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- High ethical standards.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of provider relations, physician reimbursement and managed care contracts.
- Knowledge of physician office operations (example::CPT-4 codes, ICD-9 codes, capitation etc.).
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Health Care Administration, Managed Care Contracting or Health Care finance is preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, regulatory requirements and practice protocols.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and utilization management concepts.
- Knowledge of KFHP contracting process, benefits coverage, QA goals and objectives, medical referrals processing procedures.
- Bachelors degree in nursing.