Personalization ArchitectAtlanta, GA
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more. Join us for the opportunity to define what good looks like in digital health and make an impact along the way.
- Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our digital team.
More About Kaiser Permanente
Leading in a Crisis
Prat Vemana and his team had to respond quickly to execute and mobilize a strategy for the pandemic that would work across the company’s vast integrated health system.
The Webcam Will See You Now
Telemedicine apps, invented for rural patients, have a critical new role during the coronavirus: keeping you and doctors at a safe distance.
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
KP Digital is focused on building enterprise enablers to provide best in class personalized consumer health experience. Personalization platform and capabilities will be foundational for the success of KP’s digital strategy.
As a Principal Architect, you will be responsible to drive architecture strategy and technology solutions for standing up platform capabilities to drive personalized experience for both digital and non-digital channels. You will work in a cross functional team to build data ingestion, feature engineering, identity resolution, knowledge graph of consumer data and content to build personalized experience.
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive experience in solution architecture, digital marketing, marketing technologies, working experience or deep understanding of CDP, Data Science experience building recommendations and related models, and passion for innovative solutions.
- Engage with leadership and products managers in strategic discussions to assess business requirements, use cases and input into the solution architecture and roadmap to drive outcomes
- Partner with business and enterprise data leaders to provide technical advice on data ingestion, stitching, governance, quality and security.
- Design and implement solutions that address complex business and technology needs such as knowledge graph construction, data management and performance evaluation.
- Build scalable data processing pipelines using Big Data technologies to acquire, analyze and transform knowledge datasets.
- Designing of Ontology Model
- Leverage Semantic Web Technologies (RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL)
- Work with engineers as well as other cross functional teams to produce end-to-end production-ready solutions.
- Working closely with Data Science Group to integrate AI/ML models for offline and online segmentation, and recommendations
- Design data integration solution for system related to personalization and recommendation
- Build Consumer Data Platform to drive consumer journey orchestration
- Guide data engineering teams to implement Azure Data Platform best practices.
- Implement marketing strategy for customer acquisition and retention, by leveraging identity resolution technologies, conforming to security, privacy and compliance regulations.
- Build solution using one or more of following technologies: DataBricks, HDInsight, Redis, Cosmos DB, GraphDB, ADLS, Azure Data Factory, Kafka, and Nifi, Python, Java, Container technologies (AKS), DevOps, AzureML and various data formats such as Parquet, Delta, JSON and CSV.
- Minimum four (4) years experience defining data architecture in a corporate or enterprise environment.
- Minimum four (4) years experience working with data analysis tools and/or techniques.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in the design of target state architecture in a corporate or enterprise environment.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in the design and integration of relational databases.
- Minimum three (3) years experience with modeling techniques (e.g., BPMN, UML, ER).
- Minimum four (4) years experience translating solution requirements into technical architecture requirements.
- Minimum four (4) years in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, Business, or related technical field and Minimum ten (10) years IT experience delivering technical solutions, including at least Minimum four (4) years in IT architecture. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related domain.
- Minimum of 10 years’ work experience as a data architect or senior data engineer.
- Experience working on big data platform and related technologies in Azure Cloud platforms.
- Hands-on Experience using technologies such as DataBricks, HDInsight, Redis, Cosmos DB, GraphDB, ADLS, Azure Data Factory, Kafka, and Nifi
- Experience in Python, Java, Container technologies (AKS), DevOps, AzureML and various data formats such as Parquet, Delta, JSON and CSV.
- Working Experience and/or familiarity of Consumer Data Platform, CRM, or DMP.
- Strong communication skill to convey ideas, reasoning, and risks to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Azure certification on data architecture and solutions.
Location options: CA,GA,WA,CO,OR,DC,MD or HI. (With the option of working mostly remote)
Corona Data Center Admin, 1830 California Ave., Corona,California, 92881
Greenwood Plaza IT, 6560 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Greenwood Village,Colorado, 80111
New Carrollton Administration, 4000 Garden City Dr., Hyattsville,Maryland, 20785 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: Architecture Department: KPIT ADMIN - KPD CAS GENERAL - 9601 Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Perks & Benefits
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Education & Tuition
Career Growth & Development
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
As a new organization, KP Digital will reinvent how we approach digital challenges — from the products we create to the way we work to the talent we hire. As part of this new team, you must be as knowledgeable as you are curious, willing to try new things, even if it means failing fast. We foster a culture of learning but leave your path up to you. In every opportunity we see growth, and in this growth you could see limitless opportunities.
What Our People Say
Data Science & Analytics
“Every day, I leverage technology to power digital transformation in health care and deliver meaningful and impactful experiences for our members. More importantly, I enjoy working with team members and leaders who are vested in your success at KP Digital!”
“I work with a highly collaborative and inclusive team of designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers. We’re committed to a design centric decision-making process and providing the best digital experiences we can.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“KP Digital employees are assured of career growth through a wide spectrum of ongoing training opportunities that include essential soft skills as well as upcoming new technologies.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“Working for KP Digital helped me realize my dream of impacting the community by applying a digital first mindset to the solutions we create. I am very fortunate to work with a high performing and passionate team committed to making things happen!”
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.