Principal ArchitectAtlanta, GA
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more. Join us for the opportunity to define what good looks like in digital health and make an impact along the way.
- Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our digital team.
More About Kaiser Permanente
Leading in a Crisis
Prat Vemana and his team had to respond quickly to execute and mobilize a strategy for the pandemic that would work across the company’s vast integrated health system.
The Webcam Will See You Now
Telemedicine apps, invented for rural patients, have a critical new role during the coronavirus: keeping you and doctors at a safe distance.
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
(Location options: Any KP regions)
Personalization team is looking for a senior Azure Data Architect responsible for building a Consumer Data Platform that will drive personalized experience to both digital and other channels. You will work in a cross functional team to build data ingestion, feature engineering, identity resolution system, knowledge graph of consumer data and content to build personalized experience.
• Engage with leadership and products managers in strategic discussions to assess business requirements, use cases and input into the solution architecture and roadmap to drive outcomes
• Partner with business and enterprise data leaders to provide technical advice on data ingestion, stitching, governance, quality and security.
• Design and implement solutions that address complex business and technology needs such as knowledge graph construction, data management and performance evaluation.
• Build scalable data processing pipelines using Big Data technologies to acquire, analyze and transform knowledge datasets.
• Designing of Ontology Model
• Leverage Semantic Web Technologies (RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL)
• Work with engineers as well as other cross functional teams to produce end-to-end production-ready solutions.
• Working closely with Data Science Group to integrate AI/ML modeling for offline and online segmentation, and recommendations
• Design data integration solution for system related to personalization and recommendation
• Guide data engineering teams to implement Azure Data Platform best practices.
• Implement marketing strategy for customer acquisition and retention, by leveraging identity resolution technologies, conforming to security, privacy and compliance regulations.
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is responsible for defining the enterprise data management architecture so that data can be managed consistently across applications and the organization; managing adherence to governance and management policies of data across the enterprise; and building reference architectures and defining data architecture to support reporting and analytics functions.Some of the unique challenges this position will face include designing solutions that support enterprise requirements and value.
- Drives the execution of multiple work streams by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and updating new procedures and policies; gaining cross-functional support for objectives and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; solving highly complex issues; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership; influencing, mentoring, and coaching team members; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; evaluating and responding to the strengths and weaknesses of self and unit members; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Minimum four (4) years experience defining data architecture in a corporate or enterprise environment.
- Minimum four (4) years experience working with data analysis tools and/or techniques.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in the design of target state architecture in a corporate or enterprise environment.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in the design and integration of relational databases.
- Minimum three (3) years experience with modeling techniques (e.g., BPMN, UML, ER).
- Minimum four (4) years experience translating solution requirements into technical architecture requirements.
- Minimum four (4) years in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, Business, or related technical field and Minimum ten (10) years IT experience delivering technical solutions, including at least Minimum four (4) years in IT architecture. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Four (4) years experience with big data technologies
- Four (4) years experience working with or serving as a member of a data governance board.
- Six (6) years experience establishing and documenting standards, guidelines, and best practices..
- Three (3) years data architecture experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with large corporate or enterprise business systems.
Location options: NCAL,SCAL,GA,WA,CO,OR,DC,MD or HI. (With the option of working mostly remote)
Pleasanton Tech Cntr Building A, 4460 Hacienda Dr. Bldg. A, Pleasanton,California, 94588
Corona Data Center Admin, 1830 California Ave., Corona,California, 92881
Stonemill Business Park, 312 SE Stonemill Dr. Ste. 180, Vancouver,Washington, 98684
Greenwood Plaza IT, 6560 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Greenwood Village,Colorado, 80111
Amberglen KPIT Administration, 2430 NE John Olsen Ave. Ste. 200, Hillsboro,Oregon, 97006
New Carrollton Administration, 4000 Garden City Dr., Hyattsville,Maryland, 20785 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: Architecture Department: KPIT ADMIN - KPD CAS GENERAL - 9601 Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Perks & Benefits
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Education & Tuition
Career Growth & Development
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
As a new organization, KP Digital will reinvent how we approach digital challenges — from the products we create to the way we work to the talent we hire. As part of this new team, you must be as knowledgeable as you are curious, willing to try new things, even if it means failing fast. We foster a culture of learning but leave your path up to you. In every opportunity we see growth, and in this growth you could see limitless opportunities.
What Our People Say
Data Science & Analytics
“Every day, I leverage technology to power digital transformation in health care and deliver meaningful and impactful experiences for our members. More importantly, I enjoy working with team members and leaders who are vested in your success at KP Digital!”
“I work with a highly collaborative and inclusive team of designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers. We’re committed to a design centric decision-making process and providing the best digital experiences we can.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“KP Digital employees are assured of career growth through a wide spectrum of ongoing training opportunities that include essential soft skills as well as upcoming new technologies.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“Working for KP Digital helped me realize my dream of impacting the community by applying a digital first mindset to the solutions we create. I am very fortunate to work with a high performing and passionate team committed to making things happen!”
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.