Senior Consultant - Software Engineering CoachAtlanta, GA
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more. Join us for the opportunity to define what good looks like in digital health and make an impact along the way.
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our digital team.
More About Kaiser Permanente
Leading in a Crisis
Prat Vemana and his team had to respond quickly to execute and mobilize a strategy for the pandemic that would work across the company’s vast integrated health system.
The Webcam Will See You Now
Telemedicine apps, invented for rural patients, have a critical new role during the coronavirus: keeping you and doctors at a safe distance.
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
Senior Consultant - Software Engineering Coach
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This senior level individual contributor is primarily responsible for serving as the lead technical expert on project teams, contributing to technical direction for varying technical solutions, and ensuring IT systems are effectively utilized.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks, as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; evaluating recommendations made; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Develops requirements, or leads a team of IT consultants in the development of requirements for complex or specialized process or system solutions which may span multiple business domains by partnering with stakeholders and appropriate IT teams (for example, Solutions Delivery, Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture).
- Leverages multiple business requirements gathering methodologies to identify business, functional, and non-functional requirements (for example, SMART) across the enterprise.
- Leads and oversees the development and documentation of comprehensive business cases to assess the costs, benefits, ROI, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of complex solution proposals.
- Provides insight, guidance, and recommendations throughout the evolution of applications, systems, and/or processes to a desired future state by maintaining and leveraging a comprehensive understanding of how current processes impact business operations across the enterprise.
- Maps current state against future state processes.
- Defines the impact of requirements on upstream and downstream solution components.
- Provides insight and influence to senior management and business leaders on how to integrate requirements with current systems and business processes across the enterprise.
- Reviews, evaluates, and prioritizes value gaps and opportunities for process enhancements or efficiencies.
- Influences solution design by providing insight and consultation at design sessions with IT teams to help translate requirements into workable business solutions.
- Recommends and advocates for additional data and/or services needed to address key business issues related to process or solutions design.
- Participates in evaluating third-party vendors as directed.
- Drives continuous process improvement by leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of standardized tools, templates, and processes across the enterprise.
- Recommends and advocates for regional and national process improvements which align with sustainable best practices, and the strategic and tactical goals of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field and Minimum eight (8) years experience in IT consulting, business analysis, or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Three (3) years experience working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
- Three (3) years experience in large scale software implementations
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field
Location options: CA, GA, WA, CO, OR, DC, MD or HI. (With the option of working mostly remote)
1800 Harrison, 1800 Harrison St., Oakland,California, 94612
Pleasanton Tech Cntr Building A, 4460 Hacienda Dr. Bldg. A, Pleasanton,California, 94588
Corona Data Center Admin, 1830 California Ave., Corona,California, 92881
KP-IT @ West Annex - Parsons, 74 N. Pasadena Ave., Pasadena,California, 91124
Stonemill Business Park, 312 SE Stonemill Dr. Ste. 180, Vancouver,Washington, 98684
Greenwood Plaza IT, 6560 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Greenwood Village,Colorado, 80111
Amberglen KPIT Administration, 2430 NE John Olsen Ave. Ste. 200, Hillsboro,Oregon, 97006
New Carrollton Administration, 4000 Garden City Dr., Hyattsville,Maryland, 20785
Renton Administration - Adams, 2921 Naches Ave. SW, Renton,Washington, 98057 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: IT Consulting Department: KPIT ADMIN - KPD T AND O - 9601 Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Education & Tuition
Career Growth & Development
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
As a new organization, KP Digital will reinvent how we approach digital challenges — from the products we create to the way we work to the talent we hire. As part of this new team, you must be as knowledgeable as you are curious, willing to try new things, even if it means failing fast. We foster a culture of learning but leave your path up to you. In every opportunity we see growth, and in this growth you could see limitless opportunities.
What Our People Say
Data Science & Analytics
“Every day, I leverage technology to power digital transformation in health care and deliver meaningful and impactful experiences for our members. More importantly, I enjoy working with team members and leaders who are vested in your success at KP Digital!”
“I work with a highly collaborative and inclusive team of designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers. We’re committed to a design centric decision-making process and providing the best digital experiences we can.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“KP Digital employees are assured of career growth through a wide spectrum of ongoing training opportunities that include essential soft skills as well as upcoming new technologies.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“Working for KP Digital helped me realize my dream of impacting the community by applying a digital first mindset to the solutions we create. I am very fortunate to work with a high performing and passionate team committed to making things happen!”
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.