Senior Crisis Manager SpecialistLocation: Atlanta, GA Job Number: 889073 Date posted: 06/04/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
As a Senior Crisis Management Specialist, you will play a vital role in assisting with the development, maintenance, and delivery of Kaiser Permanente’s Crisis Management program for IT. Your goal is to ensure effective crisis management strategies for large-scale incidents. You will do this by ensuring processes are well documented and rehearsed, plans are maintained and communicated, data is organized and available to support effective decision-making, and risk management strategies are leveraged. The Senior Crisis Management Specialist has a passion for problem solving, helping others, and using technology and data to drive solutions. The position may require off-hour, on-call support and may include some business-related travel.
The Senior Crisis Management Specialist will report to the Director of Crisis Management. This role is an individual contributor role but will support and have ownership of select areas of the crisis management program to include crisis management plans, exercises, technology solutions, and day-to-day operations.
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position will serve as a Senior IT Resiliency SME on the management of business continuity assets and processes for IT, resiliency business systems planning, financial and contracts management, audit, compliance, methods, processes and quality assurance functions by leading risk, hazard, vulnerability and business impact assessments on IT people and technology disruptions; develop mitigation strategies, business continuity and crisis response plans; and lead testing, emergency response, and recovery.This position will also provide insight, expertise, and consultation on the selection of operating and recovery strategies for the continuation of IT people, processes, and services within defined recovery time objectives.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks, as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; evaluating recommendations made; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Develops requirements, or leads a team of IT consultants in the development of requirements for complex or specialized process or system solutions which may span multiple business domains by partnering with stakeholders and appropriate IT teams (for example, Solutions Delivery, Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture).
- Leverages multiple business requirements gathering methodologies to identify business, functional, and non-functional requirements (for example, SMART) across the enterprise.
- Leads and oversees the development and documentation of comprehensive business cases to assess the costs, benefits, ROI, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of complex solution proposals.
- Provides insight, guidance, and recommendations throughout the evolution of applications, systems, and/or processes to a desired future state by maintaining and leveraging a comprehensive understanding of how current processes impact business operations across the enterprise.
- Maps current state against future state processes.
- Defines the impact of requirements on upstream and downstream solution components.
- Provides insight and influence to senior management and business leaders on how to integrate requirements with current systems and business processes across the enterprise.
- Reviews, evaluates, and prioritizes value gaps and opportunities for process enhancements or efficiencies.
- Influences solution design by providing insight and consultation at design sessions with IT teams to help translate requirements into workable business solutions.
- Recommends and advocates for additional data and/or services needed to address key business issues related to process or solutions design.
- Participates in evaluating third-party vendors as directed.
- Drives continuous process improvement by leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of standardized tools, templates, and processes across the enterprise.
- Recommends and advocates for regional and national process improvements which align with sustainable best practices, and the strategic and tactical goals of the business.
- Minimum Six (6) years experience in IT business recovery, crisis management, disaster recovery, or information security, including minimum four (4) years in business continuity.
- Education and/or Experience Related to It Consulting
- Three (3) years experience in the area of business, IT, organizational, or risk resiliency.
- Four (4) years experience working for an IT organization.
- Four (4) years in a leadership role working with project or technical teams.
- Three (3) years experience working on cross-functional project teams.
- Two (2) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above)
- DRII Certified Business Continuity Professional certification.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.