Senior IT Engineer ApplicationsAtlanta, GA
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more. Join us for the opportunity to define what good looks like in digital health and make an impact along the way.
- Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our digital team.
More About Kaiser Permanente
Leading in a Crisis
Prat Vemana and his team had to respond quickly to execute and mobilize a strategy for the pandemic that would work across the company’s vast integrated health system.
The Webcam Will See You Now
Telemedicine apps, invented for rural patients, have a critical new role during the coronavirus: keeping you and doctors at a safe distance.
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
Senior IT Engineer Applications
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
As Kaiser Permanente IT advances further on its digital transformations journey , we are looking for highly talented and motivated individuals to be part of the experience engineering organization. The experience engineering organization is responsible for delivering digital experiences to Kaiser Permanente’s consumers. The Senior IT Engineer -Applications will be part of the experience engineering and will be a key contributor in development and testing of one or more features contributing towards building the digital experiences for our consumers. He/she will contribute in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimation, solution design, implementation, testing and deployment . This is a full stack developer role will use DevSecOps, and Agile methodologies to deliver complex , multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, resilient and secure cloud-based solutions.
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for translating business requirements and functional specifications into software solutions, for assisting in contributing to and leveraging the technical direction for the development of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions, and for providing consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating and assigning resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks, as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others and managers; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- As part of the IT Engineering job family, this position is responsible for leveraging DEVOPS, and both Waterfall and Agile practices, to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure, multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise, cloud-based solutions.
- Provides insight into recommendations for technical solutions that meet design and functional needs.
- Translates business requirements and functional specifications into physical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions by partnering with Business Analysts and other team members to understand business needs and functional specifications.
- Assists in identification of specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures, and functions, as required, to support technical solutions.
- Leads systems' incident support and troubleshooting for complex and non-complex issues.
- Supports component integration testing (CIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for application initiatives by providing triage, attending test team meetings, keeping the QC up-to-date, performing fixes and unit testing, providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage, and supporting the development of proper documentation.
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships with internal customers and third party vendors to ensure the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse project stakeholders.
- Reviews and validates technical specifications and documentation.
- Identifies specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures, and functions to support technical solutions while incorporating architectural designs.
- Collaborates with architects and/or software consultants to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs.
- Provides implementation and post-implementation triage and support of business software solutions by programming and/or configuring enhancements to new or packaged-based systems and applications.
- Reviews and makes changes to technical specifications and documentation.
- Develops and executes unit testing to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications.
- Writes technical specifications and documentation.
- Ensures new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures.
- Builds partnerships with IT teams and vendors to ensure written code adheres to company architectural standards, design patterns, and technical specifications.
- Leads, mentors, and trains other technical resources to develop software applications.
- Develops, configures, or modifies basic to moderately complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using programming languages.
- Participates and coaches others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls.
- Assists with project estimation throughout the PLC.
- Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modeling techniques and design principles, and a detailed knowledge of database architectures, software, and facilities. Analyses data requirements to establish, modify, or maintain object/data models. Evaluates potential solutions, demonstrating, installing, and commissioning selected products.
- Takes responsibility for the accessibility, retrievability, and security of specific subsets of information. Provides advice on the transformation of information from one format/medium to another, where appropriate. Maintains and implements information handling procedures. Enables the availability, integrity, and search ability of information through the application of formal data structures and protection measures. Manipulates specific data from information services to satisfy local or specific information needs.
- Minimum three (3) years experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (e.g., SDLC).
- Minimum one (1) year in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and Minimum six (6) years experience in software development or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- One (1) year of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above)
- Three (3) years experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions.
- Two (2) years experience in test-driven application development.
- Three (3) years experience working with web services.
- Two (2) years of development experience with Adobe Experience Manager
- Two (2) years of development experience with Agile Methodology
- Two (2) years of development experience with Amazon WebServices
- Two (2) years of development experience with AngularJS
- Two (2) years of development experience on Microsoft Azure
- Two (2) years of development experience with Java
- Two (2) years of development experience with Node.js
- Two (2) years of development experience with responsive UI (HTML 5, CSS3, etc.)
- Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
Location options: NCAL, SCAL, GA, WA, CO, OR, DC, MD or HI. (With the option of working mostly remote)
Corona Data Center Admin, 1830 California Ave., Corona,California, 92881
Greenwood Plaza IT, 6560 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Greenwood Village,Colorado, 80111
New Carrollton Administration, 4000 Garden City Dr., Hyattsville,Maryland, 20785 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: IT ENG Applications Department: KPIT ADMIN - KPD EXP ENG - 9601 Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Perks & Benefits
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Education & Tuition
Career Growth & Development
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
As a new organization, KP Digital will reinvent how we approach digital challenges — from the products we create to the way we work to the talent we hire. As part of this new team, you must be as knowledgeable as you are curious, willing to try new things, even if it means failing fast. We foster a culture of learning but leave your path up to you. In every opportunity we see growth, and in this growth you could see limitless opportunities.
What Our People Say
Data Science & Analytics
“Every day, I leverage technology to power digital transformation in health care and deliver meaningful and impactful experiences for our members. More importantly, I enjoy working with team members and leaders who are vested in your success at KP Digital!”
“I work with a highly collaborative and inclusive team of designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers. We’re committed to a design centric decision-making process and providing the best digital experiences we can.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“KP Digital employees are assured of career growth through a wide spectrum of ongoing training opportunities that include essential soft skills as well as upcoming new technologies.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“Working for KP Digital helped me realize my dream of impacting the community by applying a digital first mindset to the solutions we create. I am very fortunate to work with a high performing and passionate team committed to making things happen!”
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.