Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Senior Occupancy PlannerLocation: Atlanta, GA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 739579 Date posted: 10/29/2018
This position exists to drive the planning, development & implementation, w/in the portfolio, the strategic direction of the real estate footprint, including optimizing the portfolio to maximize workspace efficiency & effectiveness & developing workspace strategies that align w/approved business strategies. Implement enterprise-wide space policies, procedures & strategies. Improve speed of delivery & reduce operating costs through strategic planning. Strong emphasis on project management & client relationship mgmt.
***Preferred Qualifications: Archibus and CAD***
- Planning & Implementation: W/in the portfolio, can answer: how much space is currently available, what are the workplace conditions, & what are headcount projections by business unit? Summarizes findings & recommendations for action or consideration by the client; Issues specific requirements to the team for implementation: The status of major initiatives affecting planning decisions for the sites; Develop migration plans & sequencing of group-level moves/relocations; At a macro level develops scopes, schedules & budgets for project moves to occur based on global master plan strategy; Facilitates &/or resolves planning issues identified in the customer planning meetings; Ensures planning is aligned w/corporate guidelines,& that all scenarios maximize use of space; Recommends, educates & enforces space policies/standards, procedures & protocols.
- Client Relationship Management: Interfaces w/internal clients to collect, review, understand applicable business unit requirements. Develop options & recommendations, maintaining effective working relationships. Builds trust through consistency & formulates long range occupancy requirements to enable effective forecasting. Extensive emphasis on customer service.
- Reporting: Lead the issuance of portfolio reports, including headcount projections, & capacity, vacancy, churn information & the status of major initiatives for the portfolio, space allocation, & group block plans. Provide oversight to ensure that the supply of space is measured & reported consistently, common definitions are applied, approved data collection tools are rolled out, & the reporting is done at one level to ensure accuracy. Create & track metrics that manage & measure the real estate portfolio & performance. Assemble, update & report the top-down & bottoms-up seat count projections collected at the group-level for a rolling,3-year planning horizon & work w/the client to reconcile discrepancies w/tops-down projections; Track & report actual seat demand at the regional & portfolio levels; Report actual seat demand versus projected seat demand at the program level.
- Program Management: Assist in preparation of the Quarterly Report: The quarterly report includes: headcount projections, supply & capacity information & the status of major initiatives (a real estate action plan) for the portfolio; monthly space allocation data, group block plans. Identify, source, & negotiate, services provided by internal constituencies (IT, Bld. Mgt.,Capital Projects, etc) & manage external partner-vendor relationships. Manage 2-3 coordinators, including providing constructive feedback & regular coaching & assisting in the development of training for the Occupancy Planning team.
- Innovation/Process Improvement: Identifies & implements business process improvements, internal efficiencies & methods of control in order to lessen the impact of resources & cost. Recommends & enforces space policies/standards, procedures & protocols. Participate in the development & integration of space mgmt tools & process. Aid in the implementation of the Alternative Workplace program.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to translate business requirements into space requirements; space programming.
- Space Management/Planning.
- Analysis of real estate and space related data; ability to perform trending analysis.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills mandatory.
- Familiarity with space management/occupancy planning software/technology.
- Familiarity with the implementation of workplace strategies.
- Management and development of staff.
- PowerPoint, Excel, AutoCad.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in a space planning/occupancy planning experience in a corporate real estate and facilities environment preferred.
- MBA, OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.