SQA Engineer Consultant Technical TestingLocation: Atlanta, GA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 777457 Date posted: 03/15/2019
As a SQA Engineer Consultant of Technical testing, you will be responsible for leading a team of onshore/offshore automation engineers and will be required to participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of applications developed for our business partners. As a member working in this team environment you will be taking strategy direction from Director/Managers. You will be expected to maintain the delivery of automation according to the strategies outlined by leadership. You will be working directly with the Automation Technology Group to ensure governance, compliance and delivery according to KP IT Automation standards, best practices and tools
Expected Technical Skills:
Working experience with Automation Development (UFT/UI PATH)
Working extensive experience with Agile/DevOps tools ( Jenkins/Jira/Rally/Git)
- Hands on experience with building and enhancing automation framework
- Programming and software development
- Working knowledge of source control system ( GIT/others)
- Working knowledge of Agile team dynamics
- Working knowledge of test cases creation, regression testing, and software testing
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks, as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; evaluating recommendations made; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Leads the development of quality assurance (QA) test project strategies, methodologies, and standard processes for large-scale, complex IT initiatives spanning all QA domains by analyzing business and technology requirements to ensure testability and traceability, and determining testing scope and approach.
- Oversees and addresses critical issues, dependencies, and risks related to testing.
- Ensures quality assurance projects are appropriately staffed, work plans are followed, and milestones are met.
- Reviews and signs off on testing scope and approach, and partners with cross-functional IT and business stakeholders to review and approve the overall testing approach.
- Manages the development test scenarios and execution of test cases across all testing phases (e.g., SIT, Performance, UAT, Automation, Production, Validation).
- Ensures quality metrics are tracked across testing phases (e.g., SIT, Performance, UAT, Automation, Production, Validation).
- Manages the review and validation of testable business processes, test data, and test environment requirements.
- Develops quality assurance (QA) project plans for moderately to highly complex projects by identifying project scope, work plans, schedules, milestones, and critical paths, and ensuring proper staffing.
- Develops guidelines and best practices to ensure test plans and timelines are aligned with project/program milestones.
- Defines and ensures adherence with entry and exit criteria according to Kaiser testing standards.
- Reviews project status and milestones reports, provides justification for and first-level authorization for exceptions and waivers, and meets with IT and business stakeholders to address contingency plans, as appropriate.
- Generates scheduled reports (e.g., test execution, defects, ad hoc reports) and provides daily test execution metrics to IT teams and management, as appropriate.
- Initiates and evaluates required business process improvements in order to achieve business results and appropriate solutions for customers.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Oct 10, 2018
"Happy KP employee"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)
I have worked for Kaiser Permanente for just over 5 years. They are great company that has been nothing but supportive in helping move toward my career goals, including helping me pay for my Masters degree. They have also been a dream to work with during two maternity leaves.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.