The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Staff RN (Pediatrics)Location: Atlanta, GA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 834344 Date posted: 01/02/2020
- Demonstrates KP Nursing Values (Professionalism; Patient & Family-Centered Care; Compassion; Teamwork & Integrity).
- Provides a professional level of nursing care to patients w/in his/her scope of practice, utilizing the nursing process to assess the health status, establish a nursing diagnosis, establish nursing goals to meet health care needs, & develop, implement & evaluate a nursing plan of care. O.C.G.A. 43-26-3(8).
- Functions as an RN team resource as applicable for role.
- Assesses & triages patients presenting to the health care setting, including unscheduled patients, emergencies & others using critical thinking skills.
- Monitors patient & work flows, directs other clinical support staff in the delivery of safe & effective patient care.
- Serves as a role model for quality & service & as a resource, coach & mentor for other members of the Health Care Team.
- Initiates & monitors IV therapy, administration of medications & other nursing procedures as ordered by the physician or associate practitioner.
- Assists w/ procedures & nursing care w/in scope of practice & skill. Monitors patients' response during & after the procedure.
- Manages electronic messaging & e-mail related to patient & provider requests & inquiries (In-basket support) as appropriate through triage & direct response to the member w/in scope of practice &/or triage/staging message for provider response.
- Evaluates emergency situations & initiate appropriate nursing interventions. Lead the nursing response to medical emergencies. Ensure the readiness of the Health Care Team members to respond to emergencies, including equipment & staff knowledge & skill.
- Accurately documents patient data, actions, interventions & patient response according to established guidelines & policies.
- Provides follow-up care to patients by providing outgoing telephone calls, follow-up interaction, coordinating referrals, scheduling follow-up appointments, call in/fax in prescriptions, obtain & integrate lab, x-ray & other results, & manage physician orders for lab/x-ray per guidelines.
- Partners w/ team to provide excellent customer service, respond to patient issues & complaints & initiate service recovery procedure.
- Assesses patient & family health education needs, provides health teaching & counseling & evaluates effectiveness of the education process.
- Serves as an advocate for the patient. Facilitates transitions & coordination of care across the continuum.
- Maintains established quality standards by leading or participating in quality monitoring, HEDIS & improvement activities.
- Demonstrates professional behavior & appearance at all times.
- Successfully completes required RN Graduate Internship Program as appropriate for internal or external Staff RN.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- One (1) year of RN experience.
- Successful completion of accredited RN School of Nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia or able to obtain prior to date of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association must be obtained prior to hire date.
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Bachelor's (BSN) degree.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.