Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Demonstrates KP Nursing Values (Professionalism; Patient and Family-Centered Care; Compassion; Teamwork and Integrity).
- Provides a professional level of nursing care to patients within his/her scope of practice, utilizing the nursing process to assess the health status, establish a nursing diagnosis, establish nursing goals to meet health care needs, and develop, implement and evaluate a nursing plan of care. O.C.G.A. S43-26-3(8).
- Functions as an RN team resource as applicable for role.
- Assesses and triages patients presenting to the health care setting, including unscheduled patients, emergencies and others using critical thinking skills.
- Monitors patient and work flows, directs other clinical support staff in the delivery of safe and effective patient care.
- Serves as a role model for quality and service and as a resource, coach and mentor for other members of the Health Care Team.
- Initiates and monitors IV therapy, administration of medications and other nursing procedures as ordered by the physician or associate practitioner.
- Assists with procedures and nursing care within scope of practice and skill. Monitors patients response during and after the procedure.
- Manages electronic messaging and e-mail related to patient and provider requests and inquiries (In-basket support) as appropriate through triage and direct response to the member within scope of practice and/or triage/staging message for provider response.
- Evaluates emergency situations and initiate appropriate nursing interventions. Lead the nursing response to medical emergencies. Ensure the readiness of the Health Care Team members to respond to emergencies, including equipment and staff knowledge and skill.
- Accurately documents patient data, actions, interventions and patient response according to established guidelines and policies.
- Provides follow-up care to patients by providing outgoing telephone calls, follow-up interaction, coordinating referrals, scheduling follow-up appointments, call in/fax in prescriptions, obtain and integrate lab, x-ray and other results, and manage physician orders for lab/x-ray per guidelines.
- Partners with team to provide excellent customer service, respond to patient issues and complaints and initiate service recovery procedure.
- Assesses patient and family health education needs, provides health teaching and counseling and evaluates effectiveness of the education process.
- Serves as an advocate for the patient. Facilitates transitions and coordination of care across the continuum.
- Maintains established quality standards by leading or participating in quality monitoring, HEDIS and improvement activities.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance at all times.
- Successfully completes required RN Graduate Internship Program as appropriate for internal or external Staff RN.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) year of RN experience or completed a Kaiser Permanente Nurse Residency program in Georgia.
- Associates Degree or two (2) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Professional Nurse License (Georgia) required at hire
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Bachelors (BSN) degree.