Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Temporary, Fitness SpecialistLocation: Atlanta, GA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 751017 Date posted: 03/13/2019
The Fitness Specialist will be responsible for quality fitness programming, instruction and superior member services. They will be responsible for continuous high-quality customer service, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting internal and external customer needs, and presenting a positive attitude toward Kaiser Permanente, its staff, and its programs.
- The Fitness Specialist is responsible for ensuring that both member and non-member's needs are met through personal recognition, positive reinforcement and by providing fun, supportive and engaging industry leading group fitness classes.
- The Fitness Specialist should have a strong motivation to work positively with people in different populations, in groups and individually to achieve health improvement goals.
- They will provide clinical, evidence based, culturally competent fitness instruction and maintain a safe and enjoyable class atmosphere.
- The Fitness Specialist is responsible for designing the components, choreography and incorporating environmentally appropriate music (if applicable) of the assigned exercise class.
- The Specialist is responsible for ensuring that safety standards are met and that department and facility policies are adhered to.
- Individual should be organized and well prepared to teach class.
- Arrives in advance of the scheduled time to greet participants, answer questions and address concerns.
- Maintains appropriate class documentation and submits in accordance with policy guidelines.
- Specialist should be a Team player, flexible to meet the needs of the position including evenings and weekends.
- Independent thinker, take initiative to identify substitute instructor when necessary within Kaiser Permanente Program.
- Adheres to substitution policies.
- Understands and contributes to Kaiser Permanente's mission, to provide high quality, affordable health care to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
- They will assume any other duties as assigned by the Program Director and Health Education Coordinator.
- The Fitness Specialist understands and contributes to Kaiser Permanente.
- Must have a minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience in Group Exercise.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Display strong motivation for community outreach and working with people.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and motivational skills.
- Excellent health and wellness lifestyle.
- Five (5) years of experience in Group Exercise preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.