Excellence: It Starts Here
As a recognized leader in health care delivery, policy, and technology, we answer the needs of more than 11 million men, women, and children every day through the work we do. This mission begins with the passion, vision, and commitment of our leaders.
VP, Continuum of Care - Georgia RegionLocation: Atlanta, GA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 823628 Date posted: 08/14/2019
The Vice President, Continuum of Care for Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Health Plan (KFHP/H) has responsibility for ensuring quality care and appropriate services are provided to GA members experiencing continuing care services and hospital care. In addition, this position, in partnership with several leaders across the regions is responsible to develop and implement the vision for care across the continuum and to create systematic opportunities for KP to continue to develop and lead as a community health system. This position deploys measurement systems, operational processes, goals and investments to effectively improve the performance of the region. Effectively collaborates with the service area leaders, TSPMG, Program Office staff, other regions within KP, and labor partners to improve the quality of care and service that we provide to our members and our communities. This position also has administrative, operational, financial, regulatory, and planning accountability for continuing care services in GA including Home Health, Hospice, Palliative Care, Rehab Services, Dialysis/ESRD,EPRP, Population Management, SNF, Medical Transportation/Ambulance Services, Outside Medical Services and Referrals, DME, and Utilization Management. This position will provide regional oversight and monitoring of the planning and implementation of continuum and community capacity management and strategic resource planning.
- Develops and implements a regional hospital strategy to improve our quality, service, access and affordability mission.
- Provide executive level leadership, strategic direction and recommendations over areas of accountability
- Identify and implement actions in areas of accountability to improve quality, service, financial performance and contractual compliance
- Supports the structure and processes to develop, implement and assure success of all areas related to the Continuum of Care.
- Directs other activities as assigned that improve care to our members and the communities we serve
- Ensuring that Kaiser Permanente (KP) is positioned to maintain ongoing regulatory compliance across the continuum of care, including NCQA accreditation, Medicare 5 Star compliance, DPH and CMS care delivery compliance
- Develops and monitors the payroll, non -payroll, and capital budgets and expenditures for assigned areas
- Matching continuing care bed demand, availability, and staffing, to include support and MDs; identifying future demand by levels of care; including community resource capacity.
- Utilization Management: Developing plans and agreements with Core and Non-Core Hospitals and TSPMG to ensure required bed demand is available and efficiently resourced across the continuum and the GA region.
- Champions and implements care delivery innovations to achieve organizational goals.
- Explores critical issues related to the Continuum of Care and Care for specific populations; such as complex needs patients.
- In partnership with key constituents, develops and implements the future vision for care across the continuum and as a community health system.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a high-level administrative capacity with accountabilities in the following areas: hospital operations, administrative clinical management, and KFH/HP/PMG partnering.
- Bachelor-s degree in nursing, business or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Master-s degree strongly preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Envision the future, inspire change, and deliver results. Put your talents to work not just at a powerful business, but at an organization dedicated to empowering the health and well-being of millions. As a valued member of the Kaiser Permanente team, your visionary and strategic contributions are especially vital to our success. Come drive change within the organization and across the future of health care.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 4, 2019
- Neutral Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 9 years
People and mission. Most employees show up every day to serve members. Delivery model is unique and far ahead of most other health systems.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.