Data Steward IV
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for driving strategic data-informed decisions, informing and influencing the data sourcing strategy, and interpreting data analyses. The position supports analytic product support efforts, coordinates access, data delivery, and data system changes, and ensures data quality is maintained to standard.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Supports analytic product support efforts by participating in testing design, execution, and peer code reviews; triaging and prioritizing data system changes or modifications; and informing the development of common business rules.
- Informs and influences the data sourcing strategy by establishing a means to identify and represent content; working with business stakeholders, data visualization specialists and/or data scientists to determine analytics data consumption mechanisms; determining optimal data storage lifecycle; ensuring data are packaged in a way to be reused and shared; developing and ensuring adherence to data rules and access guidelines; determining best strategy for combining data residing in disparate systems into a unified, consistent data view; recommending optimal approaches based on analytics requirements; and establishing, managing, and communicating information policies and mechanisms for effective data usage.
- Interprets data analyses by applying findings to contextual settings; and developing insights, reports, and presentations telling a compelling story to stakeholders to enable and influence decision making.
- Coordinates access, data delivery, and data system changes by defining and managing data control business processes for specific data domains or elements to achieve system integrity and consistency; assessing and maintaining strategies that reduce data redundancies and increase data consistency; establishing policies and procedures; creating and maintaining data reference materials; and following data security protocols and standards.
- Ensures data quality is maintained to standard by defining data elements; establishing policies and procedures related to the collection and accuracy of data; monitoring and tracking ongoing data quality levels; performing user acceptance testing on data systems; partnering to identify database maintenance enhancements; profiling data inaccuracies; and recommending process improvements or system changes to enhance overall quality of the data.
- Drives strategic data-informed decisions by consulting with clients to identify and clarify key business needs; developing outcomes and process measures; translating business requirements; determining data and information needs; determining data collection methods; advising on the development of analysis plans; consulting on analytic tool engagement; working with clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve efficiencies with data sourcing and access; and documenting processes and deliverables.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Social/Physical/Life Science, Business, or related field and Minimum five (5) years experience in data analytics or a directly related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years experience working with SQL.
- Two (2) years experience working with data visualization tools.
- Two (2) years programming experience.
- Two (2) years relational database experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with SAS.
Oregon Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-CO-02|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: Data Stewards Department: Central Support Services - Pharm Admin - Business Svc - 1608 Pay Range (Colorado Only): $46.06/hour - $54.18/hour Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.