Department Manager RN - Post Acute Care
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Supervises daily operations and ensures staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, NCQA, and federal, state and local requirements.
- Implements and maintains patient care and quality service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Assists in developing and monitoring budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and recommends strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Assists in providing on going staff development.
- Implements and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Collaborates with physicians, department chief and nursing manager in developing the appropriate level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in ambulatory care or other relevant healthcare experience required OR Minimum two (2) years in leadership capacity.
- Bachelors degree in health care, public or business administration, or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Registered Nurse License (Colorado)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; knowledge of ambulatory care practices/operations/issues.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with electronic health record as indicated within six months of hire.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience, including that of a single department in ambulatory care patient services
- License in Colorado as a Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or other health care area related license preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, and other local, state, federal regulations.