Diagnostic Medical Sonographer- Every other weekend off!
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
SEIU Local 105 - *$45.83 - $52.55
“May be entitled to translation/bilingual, shift or other wage premiums as governed by the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the respective collective bargaining agreement for additional information on such wage premiums: https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts.
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Courteously instructs patients regarding preparation for examination; explains procedures to be performed. Positions patients to obtain desired images in accordance with physician's instructions and using knowledge of human anatomy.
- Operates diagnostic ultrasound equipment to produce images of specified areas of the body; monitors images and identifies anatomical structures. Makes necessary adjustments to obtain optimal images. Labels images as appropriate. Operates and maintains image recording equipment.
- Instructs patient, in a courteous manner, regarding imaging procedures. Positions patients and operates imaging equipment following established practice guidelines. Reviews images for accuracy and technical quality according to established standards. Submits images for interpretation by radiologist or designee. Practices ALARA principles.
- Assists with procedures such as interventional procedures, provides patient education; obtains informed consent as needed. Practices sterile techniques and standard precautions.
- Follows established quality assurance/quality control program. monitoring the operating condition of the equipment and accessories. Promptly reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Follows established quality assurance/quality control program. monitoring the operating condition of the equipment and accessories. Contacts service engineer and promptly reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, according to established levels.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and appropriately both verbally and with written communication. Demonstrates courteous and appropriate telephone skills. Considers the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients in the age group served.
- Exercises clinical judgment within scope of practice. Maywork with students and may be required to work at the reception desk or on the phones to schedule appointments.
- Performs other duties as required. May include assisting in other areas of the department.
- May require working with radiant energy sources, and with biological and/or hazardous materials.
- Two (2) years of college level education or equivalent experience in a health care field.
- Completion of an approved training program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Currently registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in the specialty areas of Abdomen, and/or Obstetrics/Gynecology.
- Vascular registry required.
- Ability to operate Radiologic equipment and perform related technical procedures.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
- Excellent customer service skills required, with a focus on patient centered care.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Prefer six (6) months of experience as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
Travel requirements subject to change.
Position may be asked to cover shifts at other KP Medical Imaging locations based on business need.
Wednesday (730am-400pm), Thurs-Fri (300pm-1030pm), Sat-Sun (830am-700pm) - Every other weekend off
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest