Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
Director, Community Contracting (Hospital/Multi-Specialty)Location: Aurora, CO Additional Locations:
Job Number: 849163 Date posted: 12/04/2019
- Acts as negotiator in complex contract negotiations for the provision of cost effective medical services.
- Recommends adjustments to strategies to meet changing business and market conditions. Facilitates executive sponsor meetings as needed for network activities.
- Works collaboratively with the medical group in developing and communicating negotiation strategies and tactical approaches.
- Assists in the development of contracting, network management and provider relations capabilities within KPCO; developing policies and procedures and best practices to ensure that contracting processes with outside providers support the CO region's business goals.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with medical group and health plan leadership and staff including but not limited to claims, UM, sales and marketing, actuarial, operations and finance to ensure successful implementation of key strategic business initiatives.
- Assists in the development of contract models and performance standards and assesses contract performance against those standards. Analyzes perspective agreements and recommends action.
- Identifies and implements strategies for improvement of the medical loss ratio.
- Acts as senior regional consultant to departments regarding contracts and agreements with community delivery systems.
- Maintains relationship with current contract providers and vendors to resolve problems.
- Reviews key contract provisions with medical group and health plan staff and creates alignment and approval of key provisions. Coordinates with Claims and Referral Administration as needed.
- Coordinates implementation/administration of new contracts and coordinates administration of existing contracts; provides input and solutions for resolution of contractual issues.
- Incorporates and manages information technology for effective contract management, data analysis, forecasting and reporting.
- Contributes to end to end contract management and systems administration capabilities.
- Directs the day to day operational activities of the Colorado contracting staff, as appropriate.
- Minimum five (5) years of increasingly responsible health care management experience that demonstrates ability in successfully developing and implementing contracting, provider relations and/or network management.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience involving quantitative and financial analysis and the management of contracts.
- Master's degree in health care administration, business administration or related field with extensive knowledge of health care, compliance/regulatory, clinical and operational matters OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Significant knowledge of health care reimbursement methodologies required.
- Working knowledge of budget management, negotiating skills and contract language.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.