Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst V
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This senior level employee is primarily responsible for conducting complex financial assessment and modeling efforts, leading internal audit processes, creating budgets and forecasts, completing costing activities, and developing reports on region/business unit performance.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and evaluating recommendations made by others.
- Evaluates the business environment by leading financial assessments (e.g., Situational, Strengths/Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats, Opportunity-Based Strategic Planning, system value chain analysis); and interpreting and communicating information in reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data.
- Leads internal audit process, reviews audit results, and engages with auditors to resolve material weaknesses, implement changes to internal controls and proactively assess high risk areas.
- Creates budgets and/or forecasts in accordance with business strategic initiatives by interpreting and communicating budgeting trends; communicating results of budget and complex forecasting; participating in the development of department/regional budgets; and making recommendations.
- Advises region/business unit leaders on strategic fiscal matters by developing and designing regular and special reports for both financial and statistical matters in order to facilitate financial management throughout the organization; leading regular meetings with leadership to review financial results for their areas; and acting as an internal consultant to Kaiser Senior Management team on reading and interpreting financial results, analyzing variances, and improving performance.
- Conducts complex financial modeling by developing best-practice and complex models; analyzing and optimizing risk alternatives; developing what-if scenarios and forecasts using in-house models or software; and making recommendations.
- Evaluates the business vision, objectives, and strategic initiatives by performing financial analysis to evaluate financial impact of strategies and initiatives.
- Completes costing activities by identifying cost avoidance and cost recovery opportunities and applying solutions.
- Evaluates performance/operations/financial state by using and recommending improvements; developing and implementing new templates (e.g., cash flow, RFA process, weekly unit case report) and computer applications; leading the completion of financial analyses (e.g., operating cash flow analyses, benchmarking, pro forma P&L, line item walk forwards, volume building blocks, NPV, IRR, Discounted Cash Flow, statistical analyses, economic analyses); evaluating results; and leading the completion of variance analysis (e.g., volume, P&L line item, cost of goods, rate).
- Reports region/business unit financial information by reviewing evaluation of financial trends, data analysis reports, and forecasts of income and expense; suggesting changes to Leadership based on assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses; and reviewing the data/inputs from region/business unit systems to support analyses (e.g., membership and utilization reports, volume reporting, day sales inventory, analysis spreadsheets, investment schedules).
- Supports field operations by analyzing and interpreting their operational/financial performance; and recommending areas of improvement.
- Leads Financial Statement Analysis of business partners (e.g., suppliers, customers, co-packers, acquisition targets) by reviewing information reported from software systems (Internet, Bloomberg, and D&B), annual reports, and/or interviews; communicating the financial status (viability) of business partners; and evaluating risk implications.
- Improves financial performance by analyzing and interpreting financial trends; partnering with business leaders to identify actions that address performance issues; and implementing enhancements to operational issues in order to improve performance.
- Informs strategic financial planning by interpreting and making recommendations based on financial, utilization, and benchmark data.
- Drives strategic financial planning by preparing and analyzing recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, financial requirements, and operating forecasts; and interpreting financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in finance, business, or related field and Minimum eight (8) years Financial Planning & Analysis experience, or directly related business experience. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
- Three (3) years project management experience.
- Four (4) years experience working with advanced functions of spreadsheet software (e.g., Excel), including graphics, pivot tables, macros and/or complex formulas.
- Three (3) years experience working with KP data sources or tools.
- Four (4) years health care experience.
- Three (3) years FP&A experience working for a health care organization.
- Three (3) years experience working with advanced SQL and/or SAS coding.
- Two (2) years construction and maintenance finance experience.
- Three (3) years corporate real estate finance experience.
- Three (3) years experience developing business cases.
- Masters degree finance, business, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- FP&A Certification.