Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst VI
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This senior level employee is primarily responsible for leading complex and non-complex financial assessment and modeling efforts, leading internal audit processes, overseeing the development of budgets and forecasts, leading costing activities, and developing reports on region/business unit performance.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership; influencing, mentoring, and coaching team members; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; evaluating and responding to the strengths and weaknesses of self and unit members; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Drives the execution of multiple work streams by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and updating new procedures and policies; gaining cross-functional support for objectives and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; solving highly complex issues; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Evaluates the business environment by coordinating financial assessments (e.g., Situational, Strengths/Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats, Opportunity-Based Strategic Planning, system value chain analysis); and communicating information in reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data to advise leaders on the long-term financial strategy.
- Leads internal audit process, reviews audit results, and engages with auditors to resolve issues, implement changes to internal controls and proactively assess high risk areas.
- Oversees development of budgets and/or forecasts in accordance with business strategic initiatives by making recommendations based on budgeting trends; coordinating budget and forecasting; and leading the development of department/regional budgets.
- Advises region/business unit leaders on strategic fiscal matters by implementing complex initiatives; leading and coordinating regular meetings with leadership to review financial results for their areas; and acting as a subject matter expert to Kaiser Senior Management team on reading and interpreting financial results, analyzing variances, and improving performance.
- Leads non-complex and complex financial modeling by developing and reviewing models; communicating risk alternatives; and evaluating what-if scenarios and forecasts using in-house models software; and making recommendations.
- Evaluates the business vision, objectives, and strategic initiatives by communicating the financial impact of strategies and initiatives and formulating recommendations.
- Leads costing activities by recognizing cost avoidance and cost recovery opportunities; and recommending and implementing solutions.
- Evaluates performance/operations/financial state by developing vision for new templates (e.g., cash flow, RFA process, weekly unit case report) and computer applications; coordinating financial analyses (e.g., operating cash flow analyses, pro forma P&L, line item walk forwards, volume building blocks, NPV, IRR, Discounted Cash Flow, statistical analyses, economic analyses); communicating results; and coordinating variance analysis (e.g., volume, P&L line item, cost of goods, rate).
- Reports region/business unit financial information by coordinating use of financial trends, data analysis reports, and forecasts of income and expense; providing recommendations to Leadership based on assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses; and leading the use of data/inputs from region/business unit systems to support analyses (e.g., membership and utilization reports, volume reporting, day sales inventory, analysis spreadsheets, investment schedules).
- Supports field operations by reviewing their operational/financial performance; recommending areas of improvement and implementing solutions.
- Leads Financial Statement Analysis of initiatives of business partners (e.g., suppliers, customers, co-packers, acquisition targets) by coordinating information reported from software systems (Internet, Bloomberg, and D&B), annual reports, and/or interviews; making recommendations based on the financial status (viability) of business partners; and minimizing risk implications.
- Improves financial performance by communicating financial trends; partnering with senior business leaders to identify actions that address performance issues; and recommending enhancements in order to improve performance.
- Informs strategic financial planning by interpreting and making recommendations based on financial, utilization, and benchmark data.
- Drives strategic financial planning for complex initiatives by preparing and analyzing recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, financial requirements, and operating forecasts; and interpreting financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in finance, business, or related field and Minimum ten (10) years Financial Planning & Analysis experience, or directly related business experience. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above).
- Three (3) years project management experience.
- Six (6) years experience working with advanced functions of spreadsheet software (e.g., Excel), including graphics, pivot tables, macros and/or complex formulas.
- Three (3) years experience working with KP data sources or tools.
- Five (5) years health care experience.
- Three (3) years FP&A experience working for a health care organization.
- Four (4) years experience working with advanced SQL and/or SAS coding.
- Three (3) years construction and maintenance finance experience.
- Four (4) years corporate real estate finance experience.
- Four (4) years experience developing business cases.
- Masters degree finance, business, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- FP&A Certification.