Manager, Data Reporting and Analytics
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This manager level position is primarily responsible for managing strategic data-informed decisions, managing data and information collection on targeted variables in an established systematic fashion, and managing data preparation for analytic efforts. This position manages the execution of creative data analytic approaches leading to actionable outcomes, managing the development, implementation, and automation of business and reporting solutions, and managing data analysis interpretation.
- Pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; training and developing talent for growth opportunities; delegating tasks and decisions; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; executing performance management guidelines and expectations; and working closely with employees to set goals and provide open feedback and coaching to drive performance improvement.
- Manages designated work unit by translating business plans into tactical action items; ensuring all policies and procedures are followed; delegating tasks to meet goals and objectives; overseeing the completion of work assignments; aligning team efforts; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; removing obstacles that impact performance; and guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly.
- Manages the development, implementation, and automation of business and reporting solutions by partnering with stakeholders to ensure their design, planning, and implementation needs are being met while ensuring consistency and coherency of output; reviewing and approving results; ensuring data reports, visualizations, and/or interactive Business Intelligence (BI) reports meet established standards; reporting to senior-level stakeholders on key findings; and identifying needs for the development and implementation of additional reporting solutions.
- Manages strategic data-informed decisions by consulting with senior-level clients and leadership to identify and clarify key business needs across functional areas, business and/or clinical lines; managing the development of outcomes and process measures; reviewing the translation of business requirements; determining data/information needs and data collection methods; leading the development of analysis plans; reviewing the impact of business decisions on clients, customers, and/or members; collaborating with clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve efficiencies with analysis; ensuring end-users are supported and trained; and reviewing documentation of processes and deliverables.
- Manages data analysis interpretation by reviewing findings and their application to contextual settings; reviewing insights, reports, and presentations to ensure a compelling story for stakeholders to enable and influence decision making; and sharing insights with internal and/or external audiences.
- Manages data preparation for analytic efforts by integrating and consolidating data; ensuring data quality and accuracy; approving process improvements and recommending system changes to enhance overall quality of the data; escalating issues to ensure remediation as appropriate; and reviewing complex or high-profile data sets.
- Manages data and information collection on targeted variables in an established systematic fashion by reviewing and approving data sources; providing guidance and review regarding data collection methods and analysis; leading routine data refresh and update; reviewing the development and/or delivery of tools for electronic data collection; ensuring users are trained and supported; and auditing documentation.
- Manages the execution of creative data analytic approaches leading to actionable outcomes by reviewing data design and analysis; approving metrics to be analyzed; defining, calculating, and validating algorithms; reviewing and approving results of analyses; and providing technical support on complex analyses including inferential and/or predictive statistics.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Social/Physical/Life Science, Business, or related field and Minimum six (6) years progressive corporate, non-profit, or consulting experience, including Minimum four (4) years in data analytics or directly related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years experience working with Excel.
- Two (2) years experience working with SAS.
- Two (2) years experience working with SQL.
- One (1) year experience in transition or change management implementation.
- One (1) year supervisory experience.
- Two (2) years health care experience.
- Two (2) years regulatory experience.
- Two (2) years experience delivering presentations to management.
- Three (3) years project management experience.
- Three (3) years experience working in a matrixed organization.
- One (1) year experience in process improvement.
1800 Harrison, 1800 Harrison St., Oakland,California, 94612
East Annex - Parsons, 75 N. Fair Oaks Ave., Pasadena,California, 91103
KP-IT @ West Annex - Parsons, 74 N. Pasadena Ave., Pasadena,California, 91124
Regional Admin Low Rise, 711 Kapiolani Blvd., Honolulu,Hawaii, 96813
Regional Office - 9 Piedmont, 9 Piedmont Center 3495 Piedmont Rd. NE, Atlanta,Georgia, 30305
Rockville Regional Offices, 2101 E. Jefferson St., Rockville,Maryland, 20852
California Service Center - Rio S.D., 8954 Rio San Diego Dr., San Diego,California, 92108
Multnomah St. Parking Structure, 500 NE Multnomah St. @ 7th Ave., Portland,Oregon, 97232
Alexandria Medical Center, 3000 Potomac Ave., Alexandria,Virginia, 22305 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports Specialty: Data Analytics & Reporting Department: Po/Ho Corp - Risk Adj Data Mgt Integrity - 0308 Pay Range: $122900 - $159060 Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.