Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Research Finance AdministratorLocation: Aurora, CO Additional Locations:
Job Number: 826079 Date posted: 09/06/2019
- Review wires and checks that are received from funding agencies to ensure that reimbursement matches applicable invoice. Follow up on outstanding invoices to ensure that IHR receives full funding on grants and contracts.
- Responsible for maintaining FINSYS software to assist principal investigators and project manager in monitoring project funding status, project expenses, and processing all carry-forward funding requests.
- Process monthly PCard statements, check requests, vendor invoices, and expense reports. Ensure proper sign-off by principal investigators or project managers and person with appropriate signing authority. As needed train new department staff on proper accounting and finance procedures as it relates to project expenses.
- Responsible for departmental Time & Effort reporting process. Review and signoff on bi-weekly time cards to ensure that payroll expenses are charged properly. Initiates payroll recharge process to correct hours charged incorrectly to projects and overhead accounts.
- Maintain current information and knowledge of all applicable Kaiser Policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Assist with the annual financial and A-133 Federal Single Audit. Provide pertinent information to the auditors as requested. Follow-up and resolve all audit findings to ensure that the department is in compliance with applicable Federal OMB circulars and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Other special projects as assigned by Manager.
- Minimum one (1) year of directly related financial or accounting experience with analytically challenging projects.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Proficient with spreadsheet software and mainframe systems.
- Experience with OMB Circulars A-122, 2 CFR 215, A-133 preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.