Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Senior Director, Large Group SalesLocation: Aurora, CO Additional Locations:
Job Number: 775816 Date posted: 03/02/2019
Lead, coach and develop professional sales staff in new group sales in order to achieve membership and margin targets, continually improve performance and translate key initiatives into action. Conduct day to day management of sales team for assigned market segment. Achieve commercial new group membership enrollment forecast for assigned segment. Monitor daily performance and workflow of sales staff to deliver on expectations for quota achievement, sales pipeline development. Manage and enhance relationships with brokers/consultants. Create new sales distribution channels and manage and enhance existing sales channels.
- Leads the team to execute established strategy.
- Provides direction & hold staff accountable for book of business membership & margin targets.
- Identifies resources needed for the team to achieve organizational performance goals.
- Uses consistent enterprise-wide practices to hire the right people & provide consistent orientation.
- Develops individual career paths & leadership opportunities for staff.
- Evaluates & provide substantial performance review input on all staff in the office.
- Effectively leverages KP's coaching framework to support team development & sales excellence.
- Leads the ongoing effort to educate, inform & influence operations leadership about the marketplace. Identify & develop target prospects.
- Provides overall direction & coordination of support resources for all Sales housed & working in their geographic area/line of business responsibility & in concert w/ all regions where appropriate.
- Examines policy issues & strategic planning w/ a long-term as well as short term perspective.
- Work closely w/ /drive cross-functional teams/initiatives across organization supporting unique business segment strategic needs to insure business needs addressed & operational efficiency/effectiveness.
- Establishes & maintains relationships w/ key local influencers, consultants, brokers, decision makers, & community groups that will further the local presence strategy for KP.
- Manage success of new, complex distribution channels including Brokers, Navigators, Assistors as well as Direct Sales channels to achieve membership, margin & market-share targets.
- Provides input, w/ regional & MSBD leaders, in the assessment, development & execution of business & market segment plans, including forecast & target setting activities.
- Anticipates key business, marketplace & competitor dynamics & develop/implement strategies that ensure growth & mitigate adverse risks.
- Collaborates w/ Business Line Leaders across the Enterprise to measure & lower acquisition costs through the implementation of best practices & shared services.
- Ensures a high level of service is provided to new group customers & their consultants & brokers during the enrollment process to ensure smooth transitions to the account mgmt team.
- Supports the optimization & collaboration in the development & execution of all strategic & tactical plans to achieve growth potential & optimal business partnership in each account.
- Develops & implements comprehensive sales plan to meet the overall business objectives for membership, revenue & margin.
- Accountable for ensuring budget for department/team stays allocated budget/costs targets.
- Assists in the development, population, & maintenance of program and/or region-wide relevant data & information, including competitive data, financials, & ad hoc reporting.
- Ensure & provide required documentation that account mgmt activities & staff are operating as 10 compliant per state & internal regulatory guidelines.
- Eight (8) years of experience in field sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships of which five (5) years must have been spent in a direct management capacity.
- Six (6) years of the above experience in the healthcare or insurance industry or sales related industry.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in field sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated track record of successful recruitment, selection and development of sales/account management staff.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in strong interpersonal, public presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Possesses negotiation, consulting skills with facility to interact and influence senior leaders.
- Possesses complex problem solving skills, a high degree of business acumen and ability to influence change across all functional areas of the organization.
- Advanced proficiency and understanding of the health care industry and market dynamics and trends for all health care products.
- Demonstrated proficiency to interpret and communicate laws and regulations related to health care.
- Demonstrated understanding of medical management operations and strategies in health care facilities and field.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitor's strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to keep current with changes, proposed or threatened, of Federal and State laws, regulations, contracts and rulings related to health care.
- Demonstrated experience effectively work cross-functionally across the organization and externally with members, State policy makers and regulators, key community agencies/influencersemployers/brokers.
- Demonstrated experience in proactively driving policy and responding to developments, new requirements and new legislation imposed by agencies.
- High level of proficiency to plan effectively in an uncertain and volatile environment; to develop strong relationships both internally and externally to effect changes needed.
- Demonstrated expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures.
- Life & Health Colorado insurance producer-s license within 90 days of hire date.
- MHA, MPH, or MBA.
- Proficiency in financial/underwriting concepts and a demonstrated ability to apply these concepts.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.